Houston pictures

Greens!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice pictures, Greens! I love Houston, and really enjoy seeing pictures from around different areas of the city. :D

By the way... I don't recognize that last shot... where is that exactly? Is that near the Bush Airport?

That picture was taken around Uptown, you can see Williams Tower popping up over the trees in the far right of the picture. I think the highway in the picture is the Southwest Freeway, or HW. 59, but I'm not sure. It was under contruction when I was last summer.

Very nice pictures, Greens! I love Houston, and really enjoy seeing pictures from around different areas of the city. :D

That picture was taken around Uptown, you can see Williams Tower popping up over the trees in the far right of the picture. I think the highway in the picture is the Southwest Freeway, or HW. 59, but I'm not sure. It was under contruction when I was last summer.

Surely that can't be Hwy. 59? I know it's been 4 years since I was down that way, but that doesn't look anything like I remember it...

Surely that can't be Hwy. 59? I know it's been 4 years since I was down that way, but that doesn't look anything like I remember it...

I'm not sure, but I didn't think I was on I-610 when we were going through the part of the highway that had been completed. I guess we'll have to wait for Greens to set us strait. ;)

I'm not sure, but I didn't think I was on I-610 when we were going through the part of the highway that had been completed. I guess we'll have to wait for Greens to set us strait. ;)

Yeah, who knows. Like I said... it's been 4 years since I've been down there. I would have gone through their last year had I gone to San Antonio for my anniversary, but we went to your hometown instead. :)

Yeah, who knows. Like I said... it's been 4 years since I've been down there. I would have gone through their last year had I gone to San Antonio for my anniversary, but we went to your hometown instead. :)

Oh that's no excuse! Houston's just a few miles outside of New Orleans, you could've easily went just a little bit further south-west before you came over here! :P

The last photo is the Southwest Freeway (59) near Montrose. It is still under construction and has been for a while.

Wow! It looks so different than it did some 4 years ago. And I got to look at it for hours as I sat on the side of the road waiting for a friend from Houston to come help me out after my transmission kicked the bucket.

Shut up, NCB... I don't want to hear "I told you so."

Wow! It looks so different than it did some 4 years ago. And I got to look at it for hours as I sat on the side of the road waiting for a friend from Houston to come help me out after my transmission kicked the bucket.

Yea, everytime I go to Houston, it seems like everything has changed. New buildings, new highways, larger populations everywhere around the area, etc. It's just a very progressive city.

Shut up, NCB... I don't want to hear "I told you so."

Well...fine then.

;)

Here are more pictures that I found on houstonfreeways

A09_59_288_A_ADJ_CROP_2500.jpg

A14_59_downtown_john_12ACROP_ADJ_800.jpg

Northwest suburbs.

B08_249_11A_800.jpg

Looking at Pasadena and Galena Park. Loop 610 bridge in foreground, San Jacinto Monument in the distance.

B10_610_bridge_1A_ice_gem2_800.jpg

I-10 west of downtown.

A04_10w_at_houston_street_ice_gem2_800.jpg

Over the Gulf Freeway near UH.

A08_45s_calhoun_26A_800.jpg

The photos were by Erik Slotboom.

Archived