Clarksville-Tennessee's Fifth Largest

MidTenn1

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PhofKS,

Thanks for the photos. Great trip down memory lane. My wife and I lived in Clarksville from '88-92 while I was at Fort Campbell. We lived off post not far from Dunbar Cave. We always loved going downtown. The city has really grown, but seems to have held on to its charm.

You mentioned condos over by APSU; it seems to me that there was an old school building south of downtown that had been converted into apartments back in the '80s. Kind of a loft concept. Does that ring a bell?

Alright! Clarksville pics! I have been waiting for some new Middle Tennessee pics of Clarksville, Murfreesboro, etc. for awhile! My wait was well worth it!

Great pics PHofKS! Just a terrific thread of a great and often overlooked Tennessee city compared to the "Big 4"!!

As for the church, it is complete. That was done as a memorial of the damage the tornado wrought upon Clarksville and the church itself.

Sadly although dense and getting denser, Clarksville lost some great old structures and old-school density because of the tornado; however I think given time Clarksville's downtown will see many good things happen to it. There is plenty of potential waiting to be taken of advantage of downtown and the city and its citizens seem more than capable of making the best of it.

It would be great to see some photos of the new downtown Jackson after the tornado there as well. Someone told me they lost like 600 structures in the downtown area alone. Someone may have posted already and I may have missed it. Thanks for the photos Lexy. They have done an outstanding job on the courthouse there compared to the damage it sustained.

Clarksville, Murfreesboro, and Jackson are all poised for growth. Those pics of Clarksville are beautiful, especially the one with the Roxy Theatre, which, shows the city's urbanity. From the pics, Clarksville looks like a very clean city, it's too bad that there are sink hole issues affecting the height limits of buildings, though.

• 3 months later...

The city has had such a renaissance since the tornado. Unfortunately, a good chunk of the re-building downtown has involved lawfirms and financial businesses. Much of the entertainment has moved elsewhere. However, it looks like Clarksville is poised to have a growth of retail; and residential around APSU's campus, mainly down University Avenue.

Here's one of our biggest construction projects right now...a 270 bed replacement for Gateway Health Center to be built off of I-24.

rendering.jpg

And here's an aerial of the construction site. This is on Dunlop Lane in between the mall, I-24 and Beachaven Winery

aerial_01.jpg

Thanks for the Clarksville and Jackson pics. Being from Chattanooga, I rarely get to visit these cities, and it's great to be able to keep up with what's going on there. These are definitely two Tennessee cities poised for considerably more growth.

• 1 month later...

Archived