Icon Sales

wboarder44

Bristol has got to be thinking to themselves that they need to start developing a new building in the area...after three enormous successess (With the ICON on top), it would be stupid for them to take a break.

Those were my thoughts too. I suspect the retail end of the Gulch development will start popping now as there are more residential projects going there. That was what was keeping some high end retailers from going in there to begin with was because there was no density. I expect things will change very rapidly now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol has got to be thinking to themselves that they need to start developing a new building in the area...after three enormous successess (With the ICON on top), it would be stupid for them to take a break.

Good for Bristol, regardless, and I'm glad to see Icon going over well, but this still smells a lot like speculative buying to me.

Good for Bristol, regardless, and I'm glad to see Icon going over well, but this still smells a lot like speculative buying to me.

Bingo. The concerns brought up recently that if some businesses start opening downtown, presuming that all these new residential buildings will be full of warm bodies (customers), and it turns out to be only a fraction of that, they're going to be in for a very unpleasant surprise... and so will we (if it causes a real estate bust). :(

But if there really is 1300 people trying to buy 217 units, how much speculative buying can there possibly be? I mean, even if people try to flip these units for a profit, it seems with so much demand for this place... there will still be plenty of warm bodies to buy them up later. But who knows... I guess I could be surprised just like everybody else.

But if there really is 1300 people trying to buy 217 units, how much speculative buying can there possibly be? I mean, even if people try to flip these units for a profit, it seems with so much demand for this place... there will still be plenty of warm bodies to buy them up later. But who knows... I guess I could be surprised just like everybody else.

I'm not saying I don't think there is real demand, but I do think a lot of it is speculative demand. Investment demand is different than housing demand. I'm afraid that the investment demand will drive up prices and price a lot of the housing demand out of the market. Don't get me wrong, as a downtown home owner, I like to see values rise, but I just don't want the whole thing to go belly up as a bad investment before the neighborhood has a chance to develop.

I know people who have bought spec houses all over my neighborhood in Inglewood. THEY don't live there, but someone does. I imagine this will be the case downtown as well.

Go see the model ata the ICON coffice. Pretty sweet.

I need to do that. It sounds really cool from what I have read.

Archived