Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sumter29

Chesterfield

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the specific location of the proposed Chesterfield condo?

The Chesterfield will be where Blair and Chesterfield meet. Currently, the Blair House Apartments are on the site. Blair House may have been razed as I write this.

WW

Does anyone know the specific location of the proposed Chesterfield condo?

oh my...the old Blair House...I lived there for a while. That place was/is a hole. We started naming the rats and cockroaches. On the downside, though -- i remember a lot of real hard-working folks that lived there. It's just about one of the only inexpensive apartment options in the area.

OIC, I remember that area was where I referred to as the "cigarette streets". It's mostly single family houses (or was ten years ago). So what will this one be like? Any details?

eusebius,

I lived in a Blair House unit in the summer of 1987 and once saw a cockroach -- on my bathroom mirror, no less -- the size of a small bird. Yes, BHouse was a hole. Nasty stuff. Glad to see it go down.

WW

oh my...the old Blair House...I lived there for a while. That place was/is a hole. We started naming the rats and cockroaches. On the downside, though -- i remember a lot of real hard-working folks that lived there. It's just about one of the only inexpensive apartment options in the area.

Good job finding the web address. I didn't have the time I use to, to look for every web site out there. Glad your looking out for us.

At least we now have a sketch of what we are looking at there. I need to drive over there to get a feel for the area. Its been a long time since I have been there.

Drove by there the other day and demolition was almost completed on Blair house to make way for the Chesterfield.

Drove by there the other day and demolition was almost completed on Blair house to make way for the Chesterfield.

I thought Place Properties, the company developing this project, was a student housing developer. Anyone know of any other condo projects they've completed ? ATLbrain, I think they are based in Atlanta.

I live in a Place Properties apartment complex here in Raleigh...student apartments for NC State University...what a small world.

I drove by the site yesterday and there was no activity other than the old apartments had been torn down and the sign was still there. I am curious as to how sales are going on this one.

I live in a Place Properties apartment complex here in Raleigh...student apartments for NC State University...what a small world.