Art in Public Spaces

chucka

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^excellent pics Chucka, great news headsup as well, do you have any link or more explanation on whos funding and directing the tourbook? Tell us all the details, very interesting story here.

It is a project of the Office of Public Art, a collaboration between the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council and City Planning with funding from the Heinz Endowments. Renee Piechocki is leading the Office of Public Art and the tour guide, but I did the research for the tour last summer. If anyone has a question about the pictures or any other piece of art downtown, I am the one to ask. The guides are being printed now and it will also be available online sometime soon.

Nice pics, thanks for letting us know about this booklet.

And Evergrey, I agree with you, I don't care for that piece either. I usually don't like that kind of art anyway, though. Take the "french fry" sculpture along Bigelow. I guess I just don't see the point of it, it looks like it has no purpose or message.

^^I hate freelancing, but I do believe some of these talents are going wasted, they should be hired by non-profits or business groups and used to characterize the bland side of warehouses etc.

• 1 month later...

Just released today!

www.publicartpittsburgh.org

You can download FREE copies online or go downtown and pick a few up by visiting the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council offices, 707 Penn Avenue, 2nd floor. They are open Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.

The PG had an article about it on Saturday.

Free guide showcases art in Pittsburgh's public spaces

Archived