Louisiana Weather

richyb83

Today Baton Rouge and New Orleans both broke records with high temperatures of 91 degrees !

Also BR is having the driest early-start of the year. Normal rainfall for this time of year is 17.5" inches ; right now BR only has 6.5" inches of rain. Crazy thing is, it won't stop raining out West .

Today Baton Rouge and New Orleans both broke records with high temperatures of 91 degrees !

Also BR is having the driest early-start of the year. Normal rainfall for this time of year is 17.5" inches ; right now BR only has 6.5" inches of rain. Crazy thing is, it won't stop raining out West .

I don't evny you guys at all. We went through our severe drought months ago and it was bad... I feel for you guys. It's only dry and hot here now, but nowhere near a drought.

Today in Texarkana we broke the record that was set in 1913. We made it up to 93. In Fort Worth it made it up to 102! I think we've got one hell of a scorching summer on our hands!

Yea, the air conditioners are gonna be blaring across the South this year.

It's 94 here right now.

Another record broken in BR today with a high temp of 93 ! Tommorrow is only supposed to be 91! ha Is this mid-April or mid-June ?

If it does not rain 2" inches by the end of this month, this will be the driest 1st quarter of the year in recorded history! They have upped our rain chances to 50% Saturday.

Well we've been in the same boat up here in northwest Arkansas as well. 93 the past couple of days. Fayetteville shattered it's old record high of 83. We also set the highest temp for the month of April ever. I think we're around 15" short on rainfall this year also. But I've sure things have been even worse over in Oklahoma and parts of Texas.

Hey Brian, do you think you could at least try to do a raindance for us down here! :P

Heck no. That's a trap, I know it. You just want to see if I'll do it. I'm not falling for that trick.

But if you're serious, a friend of mine's stepdad is Native American and maybe I can get something worked out.

^If only it were that easy! :D

Yeah I might have spoke too soon. It sounds like the front is slowing down and could stall. Not sure if it will reach all the way down there or not. It does sound like Louisiana and southern Arkansas will get some good chances for rain soon. Unfortunately we aren't up here. The drought has been bad up here but the worst areas have been worse around the tri state area of Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. But now northwest Arkansas drought conditions have apparently gotten just as bad up here now. Guess we haven't had as much rain as down there this year.

Hey Brian, how's the weather looking up your way? I know there are some huge storms over metropolitan Dallas that are moving east.

That's the last news I heard as well. Last night there were some big storms in the region and this area dodged that bullet, but on the 10:00 news there was a Storm Watch showing for all of northeast Texas. Looks like we'll end up under the gun before all is said and done. I could use it, though, as I've been neglecting my yard. It's hard to get in the habit of taking care of a yard when your dad always took care of your yard as a kid and then you lived in apartments for 3 years. I'm such a novice at this yard stuff, and I think my lawn guy is getting upset that I haven't treated my weeds yet since they're pretty rough on his mower.

Brian(SBC),just repeating what NCB just said, looks like some T-Storms are rollin' your way tonite; that's the first time I've called you by your first name ! ha Send some of that rain down this way for tommorrow. I have been watching this upper-level low system since Monday, when it was in the Pacific headed into California. It's moving quicker than expected thru New Mexico and now Texas...so our greatest rain chances are Friday instead of Saturday.

Austin TX had golf-ball sized hail earlier today.

Oh yeah , BR tied a record high today , 90 degrees.

That's the last news I heard as well. Last night there were some big storms in the region and this area dodged that bullet, but on the 10:00 news there was a Storm Watch showing for all of northeast Texas. Looks like we'll end up under the gun before all is said and done. I could use it, though, as I've been neglecting my yard. It's hard to get in the habit of taking care of a yard when your dad always took care of your yard as a kid and then you lived in apartments for 3 years. I'm such a novice at this yard stuff, and I think my lawn guy is getting upset that I haven't treated my weeds yet since they're pretty rough on his mower.

Growing up in the Quarter, we had a back courtyard that was nice, but really only had a few plants and roses in the flowerbeds near the side alleyway. At the property out here in Covington, for right now at least, there's 3 1/2 acres to worry about! :blink:

Brian(SBC),just repeating what NCB just said, looks like some T-Storms are rollin' your way tonite; that's the first time I've called you by your first name ! ha Send some of that rain down this way for tommorrow. I have been watching this upper-level low system since Monday, when it was in the Pacific headed into California. It's moving quicker than expected thru New Mexico and now Texas...so our greatest rain chances are Friday instead of Saturday.

Austin TX had golf-ball sized hail earlier today.

Oh yeah , BR tied a record high today , 90 degrees.

Hey man, call me by my first name anytime you want!

We had a pretty rough day here as far as rain is concerned. It was just coming down so fast and so hard. Commuting this morning turned into an ordeal. When I walked outside my house to get the paper and bring my tash can back up, it wasn't raining but it had been and it looked nasty. When I drove down the street to I-20 it was starting to rain. Then, as I was halfway between Haughton and Bossier, it got pretty nasty. From Airline Drive in Bossier, all the way through Bossier and Shreveport it was just a slow crawl, worse than usual. By the time I reached downtown, I was moving at 30 mph across the Red River and all the way to the I-49 interchange. But once I got to south Shreveport it had slacked off quite a bit and wasn't half as bad.

Looks like it'll get down to 83 tomorrow and stay in the low-to-mid 80s for the next week. I'll take it!!

Brian, it rained pretty good here in Texarkana. We're forecast to have about 2 inches. Is it raining much down there?

Since most storms coming out of Texas run from the northeast to the southwest, Texarkana generally gets hit about 30-60 minutes before we do. It looks like you posted this around midnight, and that's when I was getting off here and going to bed. My computer froze up so it wasn't worth getting back on since I was so tired. But when I got off here and went to lock up and go to bed, it was thundering, lightning, and raining pretty good. The gate to my backyard also was blown open, so it was quite windy as well. Nothing major, though, and now it's all out of here and I'm staring out the window right now at a pretty blue sky.

Edited by SBCmetroguy