Louisiana Weather

richyb83

We got some rain today too! :D The raindrops started falling, so I ran out to my car to put my windows up (I leave them slightly cracked) and as I walked out the door the bottom fell out! I ran back inside, grabbed an umbrella, and started back out. Even with the umbrella... which the wind nearly took from me... I was SOAKED. I literally looked like I'd been swimming, although I recall swimming as being MUCH more fun than that!! :D

:lol:

Sounds like you had a good time out in the rain!

I was very concerned about it acting as a lightning rod, especially since it was thundering and lightning. But I was willing to risk it in order to put my windows up and save the interior of my car. But then again, the umbrella did NOTHING for me since I was soaked. I was so soaked my clothes were stuck to me and I felt claustrophobic.

Hey SlidellWX...we had some severe T-Storms roll thru our area too. That radar EXPLODED. There was nickel-sized hail reported in SE BR; 2 to 4" of rain, some power outages. The WAFB reported over 1,000 lightning strikes in the BR area in 15 minutes. Those were some mean storms moving east to west. What was unusual was it rained hard again a couple hours later and we got at least another 1/2" of rain.

Did you see the water vapor loop I posted above ? That upper-level low in the Gulf triggered those bad boyz. Now the low has moved into Texas and we are in a drier air pocket as of now. There is a trough just to our north in the middle of Mississippi.

Yesterday I saw where Monroe was up to 101 temp.

Edited by richyb83

A heat index is a "feels like" temperature...just like a wind chill in the winter. The body evaporates sweat to cool off...but if the air is very humid...this evaporation process is slowed...so the body begins to heat up more than usual since it produces alot of internal heat. Due to this...we feel hotter than the measured temperature. The higher the humidity in very warm temperatures the worse the heat index is.

Wow Brian, how's it baking up there in SBC ?? I just saw the local weather at 5:00. Both Shreveport and Monroe were at 100 degrees. It was only 95 today in BR. :lol:

Yep, the heat has gripped us once again. It was so hot on Saturday when I was out and about, I feel like I sweated off 5 lbs! Today I was going to go for a walk/run after work but didn't because of the heat. Back when I was an avid runner, this is the time of year I'd take off from my routine. Ultimately it was this time of year that ended my running as well, because the last Summer that I took off from running is the last Summer I ran on a regular basis! Before that, I was addicted! I had to run daily, or else I didn't feel right. Just like wearing a seatbelt... I feel incomplete without it!

Yes it is. The rain has been a blessing. I will not take it for granted anymore.

Poor Oklahoma. That's a large dry area from Montana to Texas.

Was not sure to put this in Hurricane thread, not yet. :dontknow:

They had a big complex of T-Storms today in the northern gulf just off the SE La. coast. The storms are fading a bit now and overnight; but the NHC is going to monitor this and send a plane out there tommorrow if T-Storms persist ?