Louisiana Weather

richyb83

Great news ! It sure did fizzle as quick as it blew up. But outta nowhere some severe T-Storms blew-up in the area this afternoon with reports of hail and some serious lightning, winds of 50 mph. Moving from NNE to SSW. Livingston, Iberville parishes had warnings too. They are movin thru Opelousas and Lafayette now.

Storms from the East and northeast just seem to be nastier.

Tied record high in BR at 99. Low temp was the warmest for the summer of 79. The AC is straining around here.

Heat index's reached 107 in SBC, Alexandria, and BR today.

Tell me about it. My bus was so hot yesterday that when then bus driver wanted us to fill out some information, I forgot some of my own info. And when I got up to get off the whole back of my shirt was wet.We need some of those Dallas busses with the A.C. :D

Tell me about it. My bus was so hot yesterday that when then bus driver wanted us to fill out some information, I forgot some of my own info.

Tell Saint Tammany Parish that you want some of their newer school busses! Most of the newest school busses being circulated into the line over here are now air-conditioned. I never rode the bus as a kid though, always just drove through New Orleans.

We got some very heavy rain today around Covington, with some parts of the city getting more than 2 inches, which really helped cool off the area from the usual mid-day heat.

I don't know how much we got, but we finally got some rain today and earlier this week as well. It's good to see. During the football game on Monday it rained quite a bit, and then this morning when I got into Bossier City it was raining.

We had an almost unbelievable 5" of rain in BR. :o This rainfall was intense as any rainfall since we have been here(including Rita).My street was flooded to the sidewalks and some a-shole drove thru about 10 yards including mine. :angry:

We had about 2 1/2" on Tuesday with some sick lightning strikes.

The ground is begging for mercy now. What a difference 2 months makes.

Edited by richyb83

^ This is what I was talking about.

Lightning widespread in August due to the direction T-Storms are coming from. They are loaded with lightning!!! I think it's a typo; NE to SW, not NE to SE.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/3730831.html

I-10 pic during T-Storm; 2nd time this week coming home from work.

Edited by richyb83

^Speaking of rain, yesterday it was rainning hard and my bus is all the way in the front of the school which is a good twenty to thirty yards away to the street. So I go up there and the bus isn't there. Everyone was up there and everyone was completely and utterly soaked. <_< As my friend said you could cook jumbo in our shoes. So we sood out in the rain for about 5 or 10 minutes and the rain was so cold you could hardley breath. We went inside and there was a swimming pool of water on the floor because another bus was late also. Our bus finally came about 15 or 20 minutes latter. :angry: Good thing I get dropped off in front of my house. -_- This isn't a suprise though because our bus driver is always late. ;)

Edited by dan326

It's going to be in the 80s here starting Sunday. :D :D I'm So excited... it's been so hot!!

A few days ago I drove by the bayou I grew up playing in... and it was dry as a bone. Never have I seen it as dry as it was a few days ago. I've never before seen it with absolutely no water. But today I drove by it and there was some mud and some small puddles. The rains we had last week did a little bit of good at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Summer was in full effect yesterday with high temp's in the lower 90's. The humidity is really back with the showers today; all this is ahead of the strongest cold front so far this season! :yahoo: 80% chance of rain on Monday. With the front passing thru the NWS was saying lows Tuesday night in the upper 50's :w00t: And highs only in the lower 80's. But it won't last long, buy Thurs. high's in the upper 80's and rain chances again on Friday.