Louisiana Weather

richyb83

Yes Brian, this is a strong system! 3 to 4 " for BR too.

Check-out the Tornado Warnings for Red River Parish and Natchitoches Parish; earlier today 15 tornados were reported in Texas. Biggest outbreak in late Dec. since 1950. We are getting torrential rainfall now with gusty winds.

severesc720x486xr6.jpg

Winter Storm in New Mexico

Yes Brian, this is a strong system! 3 to 4 " for BR too.

Check-out the Tornado Warnings for Red River Parish and Natchitoches Parish; earlier today 15 tornados were reported in Texas. Biggest outbreak in late Dec. since 1950. We are getting torrential rainfall now with gusty winds.

severesc720x486xr6.jpg

Winter Storm in New Mexico

Geez, there's been some thunder and some lightning here in eastern Bossier Parish, but nothing bad at all. Lucky for me, out here if there's a tornado we SHOULD be able to hear Barksdale's sirens. Then again I've never had an opportunity to test that, and I don't want that opportunity either!! It's hard to believe that there's a tornado warning just south of here considering it's pretty much just all rain here.

Almost unbelievable...we got almost 7" inches of rain at the house last night and today!!! :shok: Water in the street was up nearly to the sidewalks. The ground can't take no more. It's a mess! This system is really drawing-in the moisture from the Gulf!

Close to 12" inches of rain since December 19th!

Edited by richyb83

Almost unbelievable...we got almost 7" inches of rain at the house last night and today!!! :shok: Water in the street was up nearly to the sidewalks. The ground can't take no more. It's a mess! This system is really drawing-in the moisture from the Gulf!

Close to 12" inches of rain since December 19th!

Wow, Richy, sounds like you got exactly what we did. There are no sidewalks out here, but if there were that's where the water would have been. I don't know what the final rainfall total was here, but it all happened so fast.

A couple of nice, cool and sunny days in the Capital region. High's stayed in the 50's. Low's last night got down to 34.

A 1-2 Punch of storms will be rolling thru the region!!!!! The WET weather is coming back late Wed.night/Thursday. A Low-pressure will be brewing later today in the western Gulf and move thru the state Thursday. Heavy rains of 3-5" inches forecast Wed.night thru Friday AM for south La. Up to 8" possible in isolated(local) amounts. Another 24 hour rain event will be coming with the 2nd storm on Sunday. Coastal flood watches could be posted esp. w/ high tide.

El Nino is N Full Effect!!!

A couple of nice, cool and sunny days in the Capital region to start the new year. High's stayed in the 50's. Low's last night got down to 34.

A 1-2 Punch of storms will be rolling thru the region!!!!! The WET weather is coming back late Wed.night/Thursday. A Low-pressure will be brewing later today in the western Gulf and move thru the state Thursday. Heavy rains of 3-5" inches forecast Wed.night thru Friday AM for south La. Up to 8" possible in isolated(local) amounts. Another 24 hour rain event will be coming with the 2nd storm on Sunday. Coastal flood watches could be posted esp. w/ high tide.

El Nino is N Full Effect!!!

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this Nate. There is a Ice Storm brewing in Oklahoma right now! The Artic Chill will seep into the area early next week in southern La. I'm guessing Monday for northern La??

Forecast high temps on Tuesday and Wed. in BR only in the 40's :yahoo:

Oh yeah, earlier in the week TWC had forecasted Wintry precip for SBC Tuesday??

Edited by richyb83

We may end up seeing some light sleet mixed in with the rain in northern stretches of the Florida Parishes late Monday night into Tuesday. It all matters on how far south the freeze line gets behind this front.

Just a heads up.

Thanks for the WX Update "head's up" :thumbsup: I was wondering if BR may have a slight chance of some sleet with the low temps. dipping into the 30's Tuesday Night??

The polar-jet kept the artic-air bottled up there for about a month. I figured it was only a matter of time the polar-jet came back down for a visit. But this is one SLOW-Mover ; TWC said it only moved 50 miles to the East yesterday in Texas.

It was 71 degrees while I was out and about earlier and they're talking freezing rain? Hard to believe, but get ready!! Our ice storm warning was cancelled earlier in the day but they're still calling for freezing rain throughout the day tomorrow. I may be going to work on time, but I'll probably end up leaving early if it gets nasty.