Louisiana Weather

richyb83

Wow, impressive; sounds like what hit BR earlier this month!

The big storms have been by-passing/splitting around Baton Rouge the past 3 days for some reason. Yesterday the line split-apart before diminishing. So I guess it all "balances out", huh???

St.Landry Parish is currently under a Tornado-Warning! And earlier downed trees earlier near Bayou Sorrel West of Plaquemine.

Congrats on being the 700th post on the weather thread WX!!!

This "Nasty" complex of Thunderstorms has raced all the way from New Mexico/TX Panhandle late last night; across Texas today and rapidly headed toward western Louisiana. This system caused delays earlier at DFW Airport.

A Severe-Thunder Storm Watch is in effect til 6:00p.m. in the "yellow box" and includes Alexandria, Lake Charles, and Lafayette. (clipping the SBC area)

usjancloseradarplususenjn5.jpg

CRANK-UP THE HEAT!!! 94 for the HIGH TEMP!!! With Heat Index over 100 degrees the past two days. The humidity has been impressive and made it a "sweat box"! At least the southerly breezes were blowing over 20mph much of yesterday; definetly giving it a tropical feel!

Oh yea, the entire SE Louisiana area got soaked today. I spent most of the day in Uptown New Orleans and in the Quarter for the various festivals going on, and there was absolutely no rain until about 6:45. However, the northshore has been soaked since about 3:00.

Awesome shot of the CBD Uptown!!! Like the Chopper too, ya heard!

Active weather day not so good news...sudden explosive T-Storms cranked-up in all this HEAT!

In Covington high-winds in a storm downed trees smashed the dupty vehicle killing the deputy and injury to another

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/7990197.html

treecopcar061407aj3.jpg

Also some Storm damage in Plaquemine, including medical offices; just SW of BR.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/7989672.html

^ Wow SlidellWX, that's good nothing serious happened in the neighborhood.

Hey SlidellWX, there's some big rain chances much of the coming week; some very heavy rainfall possible with a slow system moving in from Texas. My neighborhood can use the rain. The hit-n-miss showers have mostly been missing, the lawns need a drink.

They are saying 70% rain/T-Storms Tuesday...and I was possibly going up to Jackson MS later in the afternoon. Can I expect a bumpy ride?? Thanks

That expected Tuesday rain did not disapoint!!! :good: In in eastern BR I got 2.5" of rain on the gauge!!! We needed it! Some impressive lightning shows too!

A local from Jackson MS said earlier in the day wind gust up to 70mph came thru with the storms. A few pole(ground) supports on I-55 signs were snapped in half.

Edited by richyb83

Alot of rain has been falling around New Orleans recently, including a major shower early this afternoon. Very different story from what we saw at this time last year, when this area was so dry that fireworks were considered very dangerous.

Yeah what a difference a year makes! We have a heavy line of T-Storms approaching right now. Last night I got 1.3" of rain. That pesky low-pressure that's been camped out in Texas is really pumping in the moisture from the Gulf!

Crazy how La. has been on the dividing line between the terrible floods (West) Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas; and desperate drought conditions (East) No.Alabama, Georgia.

Yep...a much wetter year for most of Louisiana this year. Amazingly...if you go 150 miles to the northeast into eastern MS and AL, they are in an extreme drought. I could tell it rained while on vacation. My grass was nearly a foot tall when I got back.