Louisiana Weather

richyb83

It's been nuts here. The river is actually 6' below flood stage at Shreveport, which is quite surprising... I figured it was much closer. It's so swollen all the public boat launches along the river have been closed because it's rolling out of control. It's normally a very lazy river, but not right now. And to top if off, logs are floating downstream as well and I know I certainly wouldn't want to put a boat out in that.

Up in north Texas/south Oklahoma, near Sherman, Lake Texoma is about to be spilled over into the Red River, which will cause even more water to come downstream... as if it hasn't rained enough to fill that river up.

I missed the fireworks last night because I expected rain and didn't want to have my equipment set up in the event of rain, but as it turns out the storm we had early in the day was all we got yesterday. I was pissed... I wanted new fireworks photos.

Where I'd normally drive 80-90 on I-20 on my way in, this morning I had to drive 50 for quite a bit of my drive. I hate this much rain, I wish it would stop already.

Where I'd normally drive 80-90 on I-20 on my way in, this morning I had to drive 50 for quite a bit of my drive. I hate this much rain, I wish it would stop already.

The rain was so bad this past Tuesday, that I had to go about 30 on the Causeway, when I usually go 65-70. And when you're on the Causeway, there's nowhere to pull off, so you have to keep moving forward, even if you can't see anything past your hood, unless you want to end up in Lake Ponchartrain.

And today, it has been raining all over GNO since about 1pm, and it looks to finally be letting up now.

Today has been crazy with the rain...

Driving into New Orleans, I hit three seperate rain showers, and two of them caused pouring rain...in direct sunlight! It was very cloudy with rain, then it cleared up for about 10 minutes, and it started pouring again...and later again with the sun shining as I'm getting on the Causeway. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!!!! :w00t: Incredible shot, thanks for posting this Nate! That's a HUGE waterspout from that distance! This needed to go to The Weather Channel!!

BR just a got a line of strong T-Storms pass thru this afternoon with just over an inch of rain.

Looks like high rain chances thru the weekend???

Edited by richyb83

That is a huge waterspout! The same conditions are in place today, but wouldn't expect a repeat like that. Most waterspouts do not show up on our radar as they are too weak and shallow, but this one did. Most likely had winds of 70 to 80 mph. Enough to flip a boat.

Last night on WAFB, they said that shot was taken 7 miles from the waterspout.

Hey SlidellWX....A "Strong" cold-front moving to the coast by the end of the weekend??? How whacky is that for JULY??? :wacko: Lows Monday morning 66-68??? Wow!!!

I expect some rough(Severe) weather preceding the frontal passage Saturday PM!

WOW!!!! :o Yesterday we had a heavy storm cell virtually stall over the section of the city! Over 4" inches of rain as the ants are looking for higher ground in my house :stop:

And here we go again TODAY with sheets of rain and gusty winds!!! What a wet Summer. Hopefully it will dry up later in the week like they are saying??? The high-pressure forecast hopefully moves this out!

Edited by richyb83

^Yes it sure was Slidellwx!

Someone turned-off the faucet..... that means CRANK-UP the HEAT!!!! The AC's are working over time around here! Heat advisories for the region with heat index's of 110 for the next few days! It was still 92 at 6:45pm and 80 now at 12:45!! Ouuch!

Edited by richyb83

Amen to that! Thanks SlidellWX! Hopefully the strong high-pressure ridge sticks around for a couple of months?? TWC now says high temp for BR on Saturday is 100?? :wacko: And highs today & tommorrow in the upper 90's. WOW!

Atlanta broke an August record with a high temp of 103!

Edited by richyb83