Louisiana Weather

richyb83

I hate it in the Summer, when things are hot and dry, and all you get is a sprinkle at best. And when I say a sprinkle, I mean it...

Oh I know...I know. We ended up getting a little drizzle for a few minutes, which is better than nothing I guess. But now it's very humid, which makes an outdoor afternoon no so fun.

And yes, nature is very strange! We got all kinds of rain from Katrina and Rita, but since then, nothing really.

Oh I know...I know. We ended up getting a little drizzle for a few minutes, which is better than nothing I guess. But now it's very humid, which makes an outdoor afternoon no so fun.

And yes, nature is very strange! We got all kinds of rain from Katrina and Rita, but since then, nothing really.

I hate the humidity in Louisiana! :(

Last week we got a very, very brief shower... enough to make steam rise off the streets... and then it was humid as hell!!

Last week we got a very, very brief shower... enough to make steam rise off the streets... and then it was humid as hell!!

Yep, that's how it always is. You get a nice little shower that cools things off a bit, and then it feels like the humidity rises to 200%. <_<

I'm lovin' this tropical airmass coming out of the Gulf. We may actually break the 40+ day consecutive 90+ high temps ! Only a few light rain showers so far; better than nothing. Maybe this tropical air-mass will hang around for a few days. A couple inches of rain would be nice too.

I'm lovin' this tropical airmass coming out of the Gulf. We may actually break the 40+ day consecutive 90+ high temps ! Only a few light rain showers so far; better than nothing. Maybe this tropical air-mass will hang around for a few days. A couple inches of rain would be nice too.

That would be great, wouldn't it!

We actually just got a pretty nice sized shower here in Covington, using my own rain collection methods, a bucket and a ruler, it dropped a little over an inch of rain, and the rain is still lightly falling. You have no idea how nice it is to be able to say that! :D

It looks like there still may be some rain on the way, I sure hope so! :D

curwx_600x405.jpg

It's been cloudy and hazy here for the past 2 days. It even looked like it may storm earlier... but all I got was a slight mist on my car as I headed toward west Shreveport for dinner earlier this evening. That's it... that's all we get for now, I suppose. I watered the heck out of my grass and my plants today, so hopefully my water bill won't suffer. My electric bill already has suffered from the heat.

Hey yall here I am ! ha ha Yall's guess is as good as mine. Some of that popping all over the screen was probably ground clutter. What's there now may be a few sprinkles, but it's barely hangin' on. But have no fear, the showers should fire back up later in the morning ! There is still a nice southerly flow coming out of the Gulf. Maybe all of our AC bills and lawns should get some relief.... I hope.

Hey yall here I am ! ha ha Yall's guess is as good as mine. Some of that popping all over the screen was probably ground clutter. What's there now may be a few sprinkles, but it's barely hangin' on. But have no fear, the showers should fire back up later in the morning ! There is still a nice southerly flow coming out of the Gulf. Maybe all of our AC bills and lawns should get some relief.... I hope.

O how I hope! :D

And of course, now that Richy shows up, the shower is gone! :lol:

Oh that's hilarious!! Was it really gone by the time Richy showed up!? :lol:

Haha yea it really was gone right when he showed up. :lol:

Oh, and look at the radar. Notice how the storms just break apart as they cross over SE Louisiana. -_-

The thunderstorms like to tease and sideswipe/break-apart on us(or diminish), and we end up with a steady drizzle( the last 5 rain events). I guess it's better than nothing, but when you are talking 20" deficits you gotta to have downpours. It is like there is a giant cap over on the eastern side of the parish. It's ridiculous, I have NEVER seen anything like this in all my years here !

While SE Texas begs for no more rain. The east coast too !

Edited by richyb83

We should see rain through Friday. A cold front will stall over the region on Thursday and Friday before pushing offshore Saturday.

That's great news. Really. I hope we get as much rain as possible out of that front.

I measured 0.36" at my house on Sunday. Only 0.02" today. Most rain I've had in at least 2 months.

You know we're short of rain when you have to make a statement like that. You practically want to celebrate if you get about .25" of rain these days.

I would be jumping around like crazy for a 1/2 " rain. Good to see SlidellWX back in the mix. I'm excited that front will be in the region later this week too, keeping the rain chances higher for sure. Hopefully we can squeeze some more moisture out of this system in south Texas. That should refire and move this way tommorrow(later this afternoon). I know it's the 4th of July, but how picky can we be ?

Shooting basketball I accidentally crushed my rain gauge, but I really have not needed it.

Edited by richyb83