Louisiana Weather

richyb83

It's starting to rain here in Washington too.....just as we had set up everything for the rooftop barbecue at the hotel. Maybe the rain will have passed through by the time the fireworks start. We have a great view of the Washington Monument.

It's starting to rain here in Washington too.....just as we had set up everything for the rooftop barbecue at the hotel. Maybe the rain will have passed through by the time the fireworks start. We have a great view of the Washington Monument.

Man, that sounds awesome. Enjoy it for all of us!! :)

Not the rain, the fireworks. ;)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

That sounds great. I hope the rain stops for you guys tonight, I would hate to see your plans ruined. Have a great 4th of July, Tom! :thumbsup:

As it turned out, the rain stopped long before the fireworks began. As if to compensate, a long cloudbank formed from the smoke in the fireworks.....guess where it went? Right in the middle of our spectacular fireworks display :wacko: . We had a great time anyway. I hope you guys had a great 4th too!

Thanks Tom. Hope you had a great 4th too !

I'm liking this weather pattern. Moist, humid, tropical feel out of the gulf. 70% rain TODAY and Tommorrow ! There is a low in Texas helping pump up these T-Storms. Then that front SlidellWX spoke of is on it's heels. Good rain chances for an extended time is just what the doctor ordered for our DROUGHT !

We actually had at least an inch of rain here yesterday. Down in Prairieville they had 3" of rain. Finally some relief !

Well we were supposed to have an 80% chance of rain today, or so I heard. Turns out, it hasn't done anything... until now. On my way home, I was really afraid at one point because of a low-hanging, swirling cloud mass looked to be forming a tornado. I don't believe it was, but it scared the heck out of me. Anyway, I drove about 90 mph through that storm with some lighting, thunder, wind, and rain. Once I got off at my exit, I turned the corner and drove into another damn storm. :lol: Now that one's hanging over my neighborhood.

^They're after you, Brian! :o

Seriously though, we had a 70% chance of rain today, and most of SE Louisiana really didn't get much, but there's still a chance for storms tonight. As well as another 70% chance of rain tommorow, and a 50% chance on friday.

I won't be taking rain for granted anymore ! That puddle is a welcome gift.

You guys got more rain in Baton Rouge than we did on the Northshore, but I don't even care anymore. Any rain is perfectly fine with me! :D

Well we had a pretty nice sized thunderstorm roll through last night. More thunder than storm, but there was still a nice amount of rain that fell. Nothing so far today, but hopefully something will roll through tonight.

Well we had a pretty nice sized thunderstorm roll through last night. More thunder than storm, but there was still a nice amount of rain that fell. Nothing so far today, but hopefully something will roll through tonight.

You're expecting more rain down there tonight? That would be really good.

I honestly haven't looked at the weather forecast in a couple of days so I don't have a clue what's predicted for here.

You're expecting more rain down there tonight? That would be really good.

I honestly haven't looked at the weather forecast in a couple of days so I don't have a clue what's predicted for here.

There was a 50% chance of rain for this area throughout the entire day, so I'm just hoping we're on the better end of that 50% later on tonight.

Such great news to hear most of our region got some much needed relief. Many hit and miss T-Showers(we got downpours on the 4th & 10th)lighter showers a few other days. Eventhough we have a big-time rainfall defecit, things around here are a bit greener again ! An upper-level low in the gulf along with a tropical wave will increase south La's rain chances Friday and Saturday ! :yahoo:

Edited by richyb83