Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrlandoNative1887

Presidential Tower and 215 E. Central

17 posts in this topic

I see that the properties for both the Presidential Tower and 215 E. Central were sold in October and December respectively. Is there any news or info about building permits, construction start date or anything for that matter on these projects? or are they dying or dead? :shades:

I thought Jaybee or someone mentioned 215 was dead in the water before it started because Kuhn wanted to take parkspace.

Is the Presidential still a project or is it dead? Does anyone know? It had a projected construction start date of 1st quarter 2006.

Then can someone please move the "Presidential" to Never Built?

That might be a little premature. I am hearing of a couple extremely vague possibilities for the area.

Is OrlandoNative1887 = OrlandoNative?

No sorry i am not that person, my family moved to Orlando in 1887, hence the name.

No sorry i am not that person, my family moved to Orlando in 1887, hence the name.

wow. you truly are an orlando native.

Wow, people lived here in 1887?

Wow, people lived here in 1887?

Yes infact my Great Grandparents who settled here in Orlando in 1887 are buried in the Lake Hill Cemetary off Old Winter Garden Road, the same cemetary where some of Orlando's first settlers are buried.

Yes infact my Great Grandparents who settled here in Orlando in 1887 are buried in the Lake Hill Cemetary off Old Winter Garden Road, the same cemetary where some of Orlando's first settlers are buried.

That's fascinating. I'd heard of families being in TN sinces the late 1700's but I pressumed everyone came here in the 70's (as in 1970's) Since you've probably been here along time I bet you've seen alot of changes from how Orlando use to be to what it is now.

That's fascinating. I'd heard of families being in TN sinces the late 1700's but I pressumed everyone came here in the 70's (as in 1970's) Since you've probably been here along time I bet you've seen alot of changes from how Orlando use to be to what it is now.

When I started working downtown in 1985 in what was the Atlantic Bank Building, then became First Union Tower and now is currently the Wachovia Building the only other buildings near orange and central that were significant were the CNA Tower (Citrus Center) and the Pan American Bank Building (Southern Community Bank Building).

Yes alot has changed in the 21 years I have been working downtown.

And now I watch the redo of I-4 & the 408 and the construction of 55 West outside my 15th floor office.