Diamond Jaxx to stay in Jackson

Rural King

You read right. No new owners, no rumors of moving the team remain in circulation, and the current owner David Lozinak says baseball has a new life and momentum in Jackson so he is going to keep the team in the city.

Jackson Sun Article:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../604180310/1002

This was really suprising and shocking news. I figured the team was going to stay, but under new ownership, so this change of events is kind out of the blue. As were the pro-Jackson statements by the current owner, which were very refreshing and really should help the team's relations with Jackson and West Tennessee. So as the article says, now its up to the fans to make baseball work again in Jackson.

I was at the game last night, the parking lot was packed out, the fans where into the game, the Diamond Jaxx beat the Mississippi Braves 6-2, all topped out by one of the best firework shows to be seen. It was a great time!

So maybe good times lie ahead for baseball in Jackson, I sure hope so.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived