New-look Terrazzo

downtown cliff

I could be wrong but I would bet against any sub 200K units, at leat in d'town, Gulch, Sobro areas. Even if the unit was just 1000sq ft you are talking about only 200/sq ft. Those prices hae come and gone.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!

I had no idea the premium for the Terrazzo units were so high! To me that will be a hard sell. Looks like they misread the market if they are already granting incentives/discounts for contracts. This will push ALL investors away as they paper they are holding will be devalued before they close.

It's my understanding from a local appraiser that 400 per foot is just the average. They apparently have penthouse units priced over $550 a foot which I think is about the avg price per foot of all of Signature. I've heard Signature has very large units that go as high as $700 per foot ? Can anyone confirm this ?

The Adelicia has about half of its 2 story penthouses remaining and they're priced at about $400 per foot. The typical units below are about $65-75 per foot less.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any new information on Terrazzo? Its been months since the ground breaking and work seems no where insight.

I heard from a local broker that they've been discounting prices and relaxing the 10% deposit requirement in order to try and stir interest. She said the sales office is still saying they are a few months from starting construction. I think the developer was once quoted as saying they did not have a presale requirement but one has to wonder.

I heard from a local broker that they've been discounting prices and relaxing the 10% deposit requirement in order to try and stir interest. She said the sales office is still saying they are a few months from starting construction. I think the developer was once quoted as saying they did not have a presale requirement but one has to wonder.

The building is ugly, and the units are expensive. They shouldn't be wondering why things are going so slow...if you want to sell high-dollar condos, you had better have some aesthetic achievement in play. Modernist Revival architecture is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Even my mid-rise lovin' ass would rather buy an apartment in the Encore than in the "Terrazzo", the website of which bungled the single Italian word it used. I mean, this thing is better than Bristol on Broadway, but for the money spent...shame. Good news, Zeitlin: you can now use the full breadth of your talent and start creating embellished buildings concerned as much with beauty as they are with "cutting-edge" cutting-edge Revivalism/cutting-edgeness.

^^ I think I actually understood what you wrote NT, and (even more shocking) I agree with you. I even agree with the humor you injected.

I'd just add one more possible liability for Terrazzo: the best views of DT are blocked by Icon.

Yep.. definately hard to market these high-end units when the DT views will be completely obstructed, and enjoyed by, the lower-priced ICON and it's residents.

I visited the Terrazzo sales office a month ago at the forum meet. The units are very upscale, and I was extremely impressed. Twelve foot ceilings and the finest in amenities. I have little doubt that sales will progress sastisfactorily, but they will go more slowly simply because of the higher price points. This tower won't be much shorter than the Icon, at least 200 foot high.

I visited the Terrazzo sales office a month ago at the forum meet. The units are very upscale, and I was extremely impressed. Twelve foot ceilings and the finest in amenities. I have little doubt that sales will progress sastisfactorily, but they will go more slowly simply because of the higher price points. This tower won't be much shorter than the Icon, at least 200 foot high.

I think the finishes are very nice but the location seems very iffy for those prices.

When do you think the dirt will start moving at the site?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Terrazo will really have views of the downtown skyline like they show in their signage and advertising ? I had heard ICON was going to completely block most of the downtown buildings. If this is the case they sure are setting themselves up for a lawsuit. Their latest ad says "priceless views now pre-selling for..." with Cummings Station and the batman bldg looming unobstructed behind a window purported to be a unit bathroom. :unsure:

One way you can estimate how the view would be is to take a map of DT and put a big blob where Icon will go. Then take a ruler and see if the vectors from Terrazzo's site to a pano of DT are blocked or not. Just a simple way to see how "exclusive" that view will be.

• 1 month later...

An article from the NBJ today. There is a new VP for Crosland. This may be an indication that things are going to be moving forward in the near future. they may have been waiting for a key person to oversee the Nashville growth market. Just a thought anyway.

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...ml?surround=lfn

Funny thing happened to me last week. I actually met somebody who claims to have bought a building in Terrazzo. I had forgotten which building the Terrazzo was when this person told me, and didn't make the connection that this one is still very uncertain until later. I forgot to ask where they're living b/n now and the time this gets built. They had just moved to Nashville from Chicago. I really didn't talk with them long.

Funny thing happened to me last week. I actually met somebody who claims to have bought a building in Terrazzo. I had forgotten which building the Terrazzo was when this person told me, and didn't make the connection that this one is still very uncertain until later. I forgot to ask where they're living b/n now and the time this gets built. They had just moved to Nashville from Chicago. I really didn't talk with them long.

I don't think anybody's linked to the final renderings, Terrazzo unveils its final architectural renderings. Although the exterior is still a turkey, especially in comparison with the much more extroverted and compelling Icon, it's hard to hate on this one too much. The interiors appear to be the main selling point of this project (I know Hankster and Dave have been advocating this point for awhile, too) and it looks like they've really got a unique and high-quality product to offer in that regard. I couldn't find any mention as to number of units purchased/reserved on the website, but it did say that construction was set for early 2007 to be completed by spring 2008. In the news section is a testimonial from a lady who has bought a condo, so this lends credence to ATLBrain's post, so hopefully this project really is a go.

Archived