New-look Terrazzo

downtown cliff

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this building is definitely tilting outward as it rises. From the extreme worms-eye perspective of the rendering, you'd expect the vertical lines of the building to slant inward and the terrazzos (sorry) to decrease in size as they climb up, but they do the opposite, the top balcony is larger than the bottom and the contours of the building go the opposite way as well. I don't know if this is significant at all, I'm probably just looking for reasons to like this building, and I think this slight visual/spatial reversal might do the trick.

I think this building going to appeal to most people when finished. The condos inside are very upscale, and the prices they're asking are quite reasonable, considering what you get. There are 12 foot ceilings on every floor, and judging from the rendening, this building will be about 220 ft tall to the roof, not much lower than Icon. But bringing up Icon, makes me wonder one thing. The renderings show spectacular views of the Nashville skyline from Terrazzo. Will thoses view really exist, or will the 22 story Icon tower block those views?

• 1 month later...

We got activity folks. Drove by the site this morning and a bob cat with supplies like timber and several pickup trucks were parked in the small lot that will be used for future expansion. This is where the trailer will go as well. As for the actual site, We got a bulldozer with a front claw that has begun tearing up the concrete slab that was in the lot along with the asphault.

• 2 weeks later...

Having talked with some of the people that have bought into Terrazzo, I think its pretty cool the way the Developer is letting buyers customize units. They are even allowing people to buy an empty shell and do their own thing. Personally I think that is a great selling feature.

Having them all "standard" is no different than going through a sub burb where every house is the same size, same brick, same floor plan....sickening.

Glad to see this one getting started too. Hopefully this will jump start Velocity and other plans for the Gulch.

Having talked with some of the people that have bought into Terrazzo, I think its pretty cool the way the Developer is letting buyers customize units. They are even allowing people to buy an empty shell and do their own thing. Personally I think that is a great selling feature.

Having them all "standard" is no different than going through a sub burb where every house is the same size, same brick, same floor plan....sickening.

Glad to see this one getting started too. Hopefully this will jump start Velocity and other plans for the Gulch.

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard that too. They have a GMP with Parent Co. based upon final CD's and apparently all the presales needed for their financing. I think they are finally ready to go.

I don't know about topping out in Feb 08 though. They apparently have about 3 months of excavation to do before going vertical. 8 months seems very optimistic to complete their shell. A year seems more realistic with another 7-8 months to finish out the interior. That would have them completing the job at the end of 08/beg. of 09.

In any event, I'm glad to see this one is finally getting started.

This is a huge project for The Parent Company. I don't recall them ever doing a project of this size before, but more and more of the "smaller" contractors are trying to make the jump into this type of work.

I think there is a misunderstanding of when the structure will be topped out and when it will be completed. For anyone not familiar with the term, topping out is when the structure has reached it's maximum height usually signifying the last concrete pour.

Encore will be topped out sometime in June, Icon will be topped out late December, and Terrazzo is scheduled for February '08. This is a very clean design that should go fast and I think that an 02/08 topping out is achievable.

Archived