What's the best use for Piazza Bergamo?

TREY

What's the best use for Piazza Bergamo?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Piazza Bergamo?

• Completely paved Italian street
    • Some paveing - some green space
    • Completely paved with large fountain
    • Completely paved with Ice skating ring
    • Completely paved with Carousel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd vote for a combination of these if I could.

I'd like to see it completely paved with smaller strips of grass and a large fountain (similar to that at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta) which can be covered over and used as a skating rink during winter months.

I voted for paved with the skating rink though as I think it would be the most useful of the choices listed here.

I like a carousel, and they can draw a huge crowd, which would be a good thing. I just don't think Piazza Bergamo is the location for it. If it were in, say, Cleveland Park, it would draw families through the heavily used Falls Park, lightening the foot traffic there, and possibly be a catalyst for even more park space.

I voted for the completely paved Italian Street assuming that would be the same as a Piazza. My opininon that this in the Skating Rink idea would be the same. I assume the skating rink would be removable and only be in place during winted and then in summer, fall, and spring it be just a completely paved piazza.

I was thinking the Ice ring would be permanent with a skate rental store coffee shop etc. And maybe even inclosed for year round use or a 4-5 month season. Did not list it in the poll as a temporary tent setup.

If the bank of America building was renovated as part of the piazza then the paved Italian street would be cool ( the facade of the buildings would be Italian village style including the lower part of the Bank of a America building)

Was hoping some one would explain the carousel idea (at this location) it makes no sense to me.

At the present time we have a lots of fountains downtown and to me another fountain does not seem that interesting.

I voted for the skating rink but on further review I would probably voted for the paved Italian street with a temporary Ice skating rink.

Italian Piazza all the way. This is Piazza Beramo, afterall, and Greenville should do more to embrace that relationship. Considering the leashed potential, This could (and should) easily become another major anchor for Main Street. Another fountain, if uniquely and extraordinarily designed, would be a perfect piece to include in the new plaza.

Archived