Speculate on a spec

rockhilljames

Not sure where to put this, but Hines just bought Charlotte Plaza. Not that its a big deal in itself, but I assume they also acquired the attached parcel fronting 3rd St. Hines, is an active developer (as opposed to Californias Retirement System, who was the seller), so maybe, just maybe, they will look to develop another office building. I hope so, because they usually bring in good architects :)

• 3 months later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lincoln Harris is interested in purchasing the Arena Out Parcel #1. This is the piece of land owned by the city bordered by the LRT Tracks, 5th, 6th, and Brevard. It is currently being used as LRT construction storage by Archer Western.

On Monday Lincoln Harris will be making a presentation to the City Council on their proposal to purchase the property. Since this is Lincoln Harris we are talking about I would say they plan some type of Office Project there. Anyone else care to speculate?

The "pork chop" parcel correct? Very interesting. Its been a long time since they were building the arena and everyone on here was speculating what would happen with these properties. I'm unfamiliar with how this works, but I take it this land doesn't need to go through any type of bidding process? As long as Levine doesn't get it, although I'm sure this will just raise the value of his land...

Hmmmm.....interesting that the city is now putting it out for bid. I was under the impression that they would need this parcel if the LRT option of the Southeast line was moved forward. Is the city selling this essentially admitting that LRT for the Southeast dead or does CATS have another option that doesn't require this parcel?

How would that lot figure into the SE line? I would think they would try to use existing tracks and I can't see where there is any room to put in new tracks and widen the roads in that area would be. I figured they would just try to use the existing Monroe Line and have it curve around 277 like it already does and then loop back into downtown.

Archived