Providence-Boston Airport?

Carter711

sadly, (for those faced with those options) you are probably right 99% of the time. Once the MBTA line is in - that will add yet another option for those who might decide to take the train to Logan. The best part for PVD is that there will be no change of trains involved to get to the airport whereas you have to shuck your stuff all over the T system to get to BOS.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sadly, (for those faced with those options) you are probably right 99% of the time. Once the MBTA line is in - that will add yet another option for those who might decide to take the train to Logan. The best part for PVD is that there will be no change of trains involved to get to the airport whereas you have to shuck your stuff all over the T system to get to BOS.

even still... PVD is cheaper than BOS. unless you're going somewhere PVD doesnt' service of course.

mental - wasn't there a charter going to and from the Azores twice a week from Green airport? Do charters still fly out internationally from Green?

the airline that flies to the azores is still listed on pvdairport.com and you can check out the airline's webpage which does have PVD listed as one of their airports.

mental - wasn't there a charter going to and from the Azores twice a week from Green airport? Do charters still fly out internationally from Green?

There is one arrival/departure every Saturday by a SATA A310. I don't think they were ever twice-weekly flights.

I was looking into the Azores service when I was having a fantasy that I could afford an elaborate vacation this year. They really need to step it up on the marketing front. Every website, even the airlines's, looked like it was created by the people who did Pawtucket's website.

if they marketed, they could do it twice a week instead of once...

That's why I thought it was twice a week. I knew about the Saturday A310, I thought that the demand for that flight necessated a 2nd flight...but anyway,, because Green does have an international flight, that requires customs agents, no? So basically Green is already handling international traffic; they just need to expound on it a bit more (Bermuda, or Nassau)?

That's why I thought it was twice a week. I knew about the Saturday A310, I thought that the demand for that flight necessated a 2nd flight...but anyway,, because Green does have an international flight, that requires customs agents, no? So basically Green is already handling international traffic; they just need to expound on it a bit more (Bermuda, or Nassau)?

that would give us better international flights than bradley! :D currently they've got toronto, montreal, and puerto rico (is that considered international?). i don't really consider canada international (although you do have to go through customs). we've got flights to the azores and toronto already... so we're about as international as bradley international airport.

that would give us better international flights than bradley! :D currently they've got toronto, montreal, and puerto rico (is that considered international?). i don't really consider canada international (although you do have to go through customs). we've got flights to the azores and toronto already... so we're about as international as bradley international airport.

Puerto Rico is domestic. Toronto and Montreal are pre-cleared upon entry into the U.S. - hence no customs agents. The weekly Azores service requires the staffing of the Customs facility located in the terminal building here, which yes, is more than what Bradley has for international traffic (for now anyway).

Archived