Greenville ranked 2nd in country for allergy sufferers

erm1981

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not give much attention to these type rankings. I remember when Greenville was named the "Sweatiest City in the Country" a couple years ago by Old Spice. These people have obviously never been to Columbia, Chas, Savannah, New Orleans, or one of about a thousand other southern cities that are far hotter and more humid. As far as terrible summers go, Greenville's is pretty mild compared to most in the South. "Mild Climate" often describes Gville.

I would not give much attention to these type rankings. I remember when Greenville was named the "Sweatiest City in the Country" a couple years ago by Old Spice. These people have obviously never been to Columbia, Chas, Savannah, New Orleans, or one of about a thousand other southern cities that are far hotter and more humid. As far as terrible summers go, Greenville's is pretty mild compared to most in the South. "Mild Climate" often describes Gville.

Well i work outside as a brick mason and ill tell you straight that it was very very hot last year here. The average person would drop over if you pulled them out of that office and through them out with the other wolves. We had a drought which made it worse. I remember a few years ago arizona got really hot and it was causing turbulence for the airplanes. Also they said it was melting peoples candles in their houses. Now that is hot. I know they have dry heat but still that is very hot.

Those facts about allergies, respiratory problems, etc. are true about Greenville. Based on what I have heard, there isn't much disputing it. Greenville's wonderful location in the foothills (with its many advantages) also has a few disadvantages. For allergy sufferers, this is one of them.

Greenville's location is also a big reason as to why smog and emissions are sometimes a problem (in addition to the fact that Greenville is a very car-oriented city).

Those facts about allergies, respiratory problems, etc. are true about Greenville. Based on what I have heard, there isn't much disputing it. Greenville's wonderful location in the foothills (with its many advantages) also has a few disadvantages. For allergy sufferers, this is one of them.

Greenville's location is also a big reason as to why smog and emissions are sometimes a problem (in addition to the fact that Greenville is a very car-oriented city).

From what I have heard and read, much of this area's so-called "air-pollution" drifts in from Atlanta and is occasionally trapped against the mountains. Having lived in the Upstate for nearly all of my life, and having been to many other cities and locations across the nation, I can honestly say that ours is not the worst place by any means. Also, I have breathed this air for more than enough years to obtain an alergy, but have yet to get one from the air or even pollen. :D

Sperling's Best is also suspect to favoring specific locations, so I get little from that info.

I'm not beating up on Greenville or anything of the sort here, but this ranking may actually have some substance to it, as Sperling's Best Places ranked Greenville 1st for respiratory infections and 9th for migraines, which both can be associated with allergies.

The migraine part is really scary :o being that mine just begun recently. I'm glad SC isn't on the list, but it does list rapidly changing weather as one of the causes of migraines and we all know that SC's weather has frequent cases of bi-polarism.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived