UP|Greenville City Page

Spartan

A new UP feature has gone live today.... local pages are being created for various cities. You can access it by clicking on the City Pages link on the blue bar near the top of the homepage. In SC we have one for Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston.... I will probably create more as I have more free time. Each page has its own discusison cloud and various local information links... If you have any other useful links please let me know.

Greenville

Columbia

Charleston

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new UP feature has gone live today.... local pages are being created for various cities. You can access it by clicking on the City Pages link on the blue bar near the top of the homepage. In SC we have one for Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston.... I will probably create more as I have more free time. Each page has its own discusison cloud and various local information links... If you have any other useful links please let me know.

Greenville

Columbia

Charleston

That's awesome! Thanks for pointing this out, Spartan! :shades:

Maybe its just my browser, but shouldn't the UP logo at the upper left link to the main UP page?

I can't seem to navigate my way back to the city page. :(

I agree. That would be a good idea to implement (clicking on the UP Logo to return to the main UP Home Page).

You can navigate to the city page from the "City Pages" drop-down list box on the grey menu bar at the top of the UP pages, but there isn't any such offering on the menu in the forums yet, from what I can tell.

Maybe its just my browser, but shouldn't the UP logo at the upper left link to the main UP page?

I can't seem to navigate my way back to the city page. :(

Yeah, there was an executive decision to remove that. Bandwidth issues as I understand. The UP image is in the upper left on the yellow bar though. And you can always click "Home" on that same bar to get to the home page.

Oh, sorry I forgot about greenville.urbanplanet.org... that totally slipped my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Skyliner.

I have another suggestion. Is that picture of the West End really the best we can come up with? It shows buildings that are still being built, and with all of the great pictures of Greenville that are out there, perhaps we can top it. This is by no means a criticism of those who have been involved with creating the Greenville city page. Thanks guys.

I was thinking that calling RiverPlace the crown jewel of downtown somewhat undercuts Falls Park, The Peace Center, Main Street, and other jewels of considerable value. Once development is complete, we may all indeed say that, but at this point, I don't think it is viewed as the best thing happening in downtown. ;)

Archived