Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capitalapts

I hate to be sappy....

4 posts in this topic

...but spring is what makes living in the Triangle worth it. This is one of the prettiest smaller cities with all the flowering ornamental trees indigenous to the area (dogwoods, redbuds, cherries, etc.) this time of year.

Related to the above, I can't understand for the life of me why there isn't more outdoor seating at restaurants/bars around here. With the exception of July/August heat upon occasion and the heart of winter, the weather is nice enough for sitting outside at least 6-7 months of the year. It's improved a lot since I've been here, but still-I wish some of the older places without outdoor seating would get with the times.

...but spring is what makes living in the Triangle worth it. This is one of the prettiest smaller cities with all the flowering ornamental trees indigenous to the area (dogwoods, redbuds, cherries, etc.) this time of year.

Related to the above, I can't understand for the life of me why there isn't more outdoor seating at restaurants/bars around here. With the exception of July/August heat upon occasion and the heart of winter, the weather is nice enough for sitting outside at least 6-7 months of the year. It's improved a lot since I've been here, but still-I wish some of the older places without outdoor seating would get with the times.

It's a good point. I personally never opt to sit outside because the service is usually lousy and it is either windy or buggy. I don't like swatting bugs and chasing napkins and waiters.

I always try to eat outside if its not ridiculously hot, I did tonight actually at Hard Times. In the summer though, I usually would rather just drink outside than eat, like dmccall said, bugs and the heat get to me and make my meal less enjoyable.

I see plenty of resturants with outdoor eating options. Camilles, Chee Burgers, Char-Grill, Mello Mushroom, Twisted Fork etc.. But for me it's either too hot, or the flys and mosquitoes take you away. So perhaps it's a bit over rated. But I agree the triangle is a truly wonderful place in the spring with plenty of nature.