New to Memphis

memphman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually its in October or November. Here's a news report if intrested...

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story.aspx...7D-2C8A3E8ED9C0

Some conflicting reports, Thad Matthews said on the same day it was September. Oh, well, it seems like a big stunt, anyhow. I'd rather watch King Willie and Matthews go toe to toe. :D

Some conflicting reports, Thad Matthews said on the same day it was September. Oh, well, it seems like a big stunt, anyhow. I'd rather watch King Willie and Matthews go toe to toe. :D

Oh, it's a stunt for sure. Neither boxer will really go at it, and it'll probably be fixed anyway. I mean, c'mon, who will be the judges? Hizzoner might take it. He's 6-6, 4 time state champ, and golden gloves champ. He whoops on the city council all the time. Plus in his 60's, he just fathered a baby by some girlfriend.

I say King Willie in 6. But who really cares, it's for charity.

Like a friend of mine used to say: "That's Memphis for ya"

Well, maybe I could see New Orleans pulling this kind of thing. But not too many other cities could rival Memphis' political flamboyance.

Mayor and friend :P :

60811950.jpg

Archived