Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soverbey

The Happy Mexican

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone been to the Happy Mexican Restaurant in the South Main Area or the SoFo Area, whichever it's called?

Has anyone been to the Happy Mexican Restaurant in the South Main Area or the SoFo Area, whichever it's called?

Can we call SoFo "area next to South Main" from now on?? I'm sorry, but the SoFos/SoBros/other knockoffs of SoHo are so annoying!!!!!!!!

Can we call SoFo "area next to South Main" from now on?? I'm sorry, but the SoFos/SoBros/other knockoffs of SoHo are so annoying!!!!!!!!

Agreed. If anything just call the area "South Third" or nothing at all. Maybe the Center City Commission could come up with a naming contest with the winner recdeiving a gift certificate for two at the Happy Mexican. :lol:

I wish all the development in South End had gone into this area first. I think it would be perfect for rows of townhouses and it's actually closer to the CBD than SouthEnd.

I really don't think the SoFo name will stick. A reporter would look ridiculious saying "Reporting Live from Sofo, John Smith, News Channel 3." I think the "long" name, South Forum will be what its known as.

Yes! Can SoFo.

As for the Happy Mexican, it's delicious. However, in the restaurant business, great food is never enough. The location of this restaurant leads me to believe that it will not get enough patrons through its doors to operate in the black.

Yes! Can SoFo.

As for the Happy Mexican, it's delicious. However, in the restaurant business, great food is never enough. The location of this restaurant leads me to believe that it will not get enough patrons through its doors to operate in the black.

I dunno about that. The Forum District (doesn't that sound so much better?) will go thru redevelopment. I think its just a matter of how long it takes for the east side of Southend and the Forum to develop. Here's the South Forum Development Plan I beleive this resturant is in the triangle block on the map that is labeled as mixed use.

Where is the Happy Mexican exactly and what does it serve? Mexican/Tex-Mex? I might try it out this spring/summer.

Where is the Happy Mexican exactly and what does it serve? Mexican/Tex-Mex? I might try it out this spring/summer.

It's on 2nd a block south of Vance near the National Civil Rights Museum.