Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

I have finally gotten some feedback from the Barber Group about their plans for Rogers.

The First Project, and the most exciting, is going to be a 325 Room Luxury Hotel. This hotel is suppose to look like development in the picture that the Barber Group put out a few months ago, (Sorry I don't have a pic.). This hotel will more than likely be atleast 15 Floors if not more.

The Second Development is a 60 acre Restaurant, Retail, and Office Mixed Use where he described it as being "Urban".

These developments are to be officially announced soon!!

Thankyou Barber Group for the info and your Investment into NWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info Matt. Just curious did you e-mail them about it? I just got a response back myself from them. Maybe they lost that previous e-mail. They might no know what to do when they don't run into any objection up there like they have in Fayetteville. :lol:

Thanks for the info Matt. Just curious did you e-mail them about it? I just got a response back myself from them. Maybe they lost that previous e-mail. They might no know what to do when they don't run into any objection up there like they have in Fayetteville. :lol:

Yeah, I emailed them about it.

I'm still waiting on some details like what this Mixed Use development is going to look like. I say it 5 years, it's going to look like a medium sized downtown with all the mixed use going on in just that part.

Yeah, I emailed them about it.

I'm still waiting on some details like what this Mixed Use development is going to look like. I say it 5 years, it's going to look like a medium sized downtown with all the mixed use going on in just that part.

I e-mailed them again and asked for some renderings of those developments.

I have finally gotten some feedback from the Barber Group about their plans for Rogers.

The First Project, and the most exciting, is going to be a 325 Room Luxury Hotel. This hotel is suppose to look like development in the picture that the Barber Group put out a few months ago, (Sorry I don't have a pic.). This hotel will more than likely be atleast 15 Floors if not more.

The Second Development is a 60 acre Restaurant, Retail, and Office Mixed Use where he described it as being "Urban".

These developments are to be officially announced soon!!

Thankyou Barber Group for the info and your Investment into NWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Did they say where the locations will be? Let me guess... somewhere near I-540.

Thankyou Slyder, that is the right photo.

It looks to me the hotel could be around 20-25 Floors, which would set it as the highest tower in NWA, until the Coose Hollow Condos pass the Planning Commission.

Just wondering but what is the Coose Hollow Condos and where the heck are those located? I have yet to hear about those? Also how high are they suppose to build the "valley ranch place" or whatever its call off of I540 in rogers

Yeah that is supposedly it in the bottom left part of the ad. But I suppose that also could be a preliminary design and it could have changed by now. Of course watch them officially realease it and the rendering looks exactly like that. Then I'll be scratching my head on why they wouldn't send a rendering when it's already been shown in an ad.

Yeah I've wondered about the Grandview Heights development on Coose Hollow of Beaver Lake. I guess things are coming along but it's hard to tell because they're out there. I wouldn't even be sure where to go to check out the progress. I have looked up Coose Hollow on an Arkansas atlas. It's to the southeast of Avoca. There's one northern 'inlet' of water directly to the south of Avoca then there's another northern 'inlet' of water east of it, that's it. If needed I can try to figure the exact latitude and longitude, for those of you with a nice atlas. But the way the one I have is the DeLorme Arkansas Atlas and Gazetteer. I've had this one for years now. I should probably go out and get a new one that's a little more updated.

Yeah that is supposedly it in the bottom left part of the ad. But I suppose that also could be a preliminary design and it could have changed by now. Of course watch them officially realease it and the rendering looks exactly like that. Then I'll be scratching my head on why they wouldn't send a rendering when it's already been shown in an ad.

Yeah I've wondered about the Grandview Heights development on Coose Hollow of Beaver Lake. I guess things are coming along but it's hard to tell because they're out there. I wouldn't even be sure where to go to check out the progress. I have looked up Coose Hollow on an Arkansas atlas. It's to the southeast of Avoca. There's one northern 'inlet' of water directly to the south of Avoca then there's another northern 'inlet' of water east of it, that's it. If needed I can try to figure the exact latitude and longitude, for those of you with a nice atlas. But the way the one I have is the DeLorme Arkansas Atlas and Gazetteer. I've had this one for years now. I should probably go out and get a new one that's a little more updated.

The Delorme maps are the absolute most detailed maps, I used to use them when I chased storms more often. Pretty much every single road and town are on them.

Anyway, I thought that they had lowered the number of stories on those condos from 25 to 15? Are they even still going to be built?

Just wondering but what is the Coose Hollow Condos and where the heck are those located? I have yet to hear about those? Also how high are they suppose to build the "valley ranch place" or whatever its call off of I540 in rogers

The Coose Hollow Condos is a proposed cluster of 7 condo towers each around 25 Floors each located near the Coose Hollow portion of Beaver Lake, which is near Avoca. Only one tower has passed the planning commission and it was debunked to 15 Floors.

The Myers Ranch Development in Rogers located near Walton Blvd will have 3 10+ Floor Buildings.

The Delorme maps are the absolute most detailed maps, I used to use them when I chased storms more often. Pretty much every single road and town are on them.

Anyway, I thought that they had lowered the number of stories on those condos from 25 to 15? Are they even still going to be built?

The first building has been approved at the 15 story level. The other two are being put off at the moment. I get the impression they wanted to get something going without having to wait as long with so much controversy. It's my understanding at some point in the future they'll try to get the other two approved at the 25 story level. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

On KNWA today they talked about the Barber Group. Most of the focus was put on the new plans for the Divinity development. But there was mention of a type of hotel that would be new to Arkansas being put in NWA by the Barber Group. There wasn't any mention of where but I got the impression it could be this luxury hotel development in Rogers. They just mentioned more details would be released in about a month.

On KNWA today they talked about the Barber Group. Most of the focus was put on the new plans for the Divinity development. But there was mention of a type of hotel that would be new to Arkansas being put in NWA by the Barber Group. There wasn't any mention of where but I got the impression it could be this luxury hotel development in Rogers. They just mentioned more details would be released in about a month.

You know I enjoy the work The Barber Group is doing, but they are just taking on way too much debt and making too many risks. I don't think there is quite a market for some of the things they are trying to do. Most of the stuff is aesthetically pleasing, but there's no way they are making money on it. I think the Barber Group will tank before it's all said and done.

You know I enjoy the work The Barber Group is doing, but they are just taking on way too much debt and making too many risks. I don't think there is quite a market for some of the things they are trying to do. Most of the stuff is aesthetically pleasing, but there's no way they are making money on it. I think the Barber Group will tank before it's all said and done.

I've been wondering about that myself. They do have the Chambers Bank as their source of funding, but just how deep are the Chambers' purses? If these Barber developments sink then I believe there will be a couple celebrity divorces soon to follow. :D

I admit I've also wondered about all the projects they seem to be taking on all at once. There certainly is going to be some risk involved. As much as I enjoy seeing all the nice developments they are adding to the city I do hope they don't go too overboard and get themselves in trouble. I'd rather see them slow things down and still be able to do more things in the future than go all out and end up tanking. But who knows maybe they'll end up looking like 'pioneers' who ended up bringing a lot of amenities and developments that a city like Fayetteville was being underserviced. Let's all hope things keep continuing to go well for them.

Yes, the Chamber's have some money, but I think that they are getting funded from higher up. Keri Barber is related to Jerry Jones owner of the Dallas Cowboys and who knows what else. There is probably a nearly enless supply of money that they have some access to.

• 2 months later...

A Westin seems a bit unlikely IMO.

Westin only has locations in Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Maldives, Montreal, New Orleans, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Seoul, and Silicon Valley.

Prehaps a Sheraton is what is being looked at.

A Westin seems a bit unlikely IMO.

Westin only has locations in Chicago, Dallas, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Maldives, Montreal, New Orleans, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Seoul, and Silicon Valley.

Prehaps a Sheraton is what is being looked at.

You must be thinking of a different hotel because the Westin has locations in Kansas City, St. Louis, four in the Dallas area, there are two in the Denver area...so there are acutally quite a few westins around the nation. They are very nice for that matter, I stayed at the one in St. Louis, and very nice place.

Here is their website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/index.html

You must be thinking of a different hotel because the Westin has locations in Kansas City, St. Louis, four in the Dallas area, there are two in the Denver area...so there are acutally quite a few westins around the nation. They are very nice for that matter, I stayed at the one in St. Louis, and very nice place.

Here is their website:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/index.html

Oh, I see now. I was looking at their development page.

Forget my previous post than. :lol:

I doubt that anywhere in NWA will be getting a Westin, but a Sheraton sounds more like it. The Sheraton is Westins lower class brand, but is still a premium hotel. The Westins only go in the major metros and those with large tourism industries and NWA doesn't meet either criteria.

Archived