Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

Embassy will be a total of 400 rooms...only 152 are being added on. The 1/2 mile may be from property line to property line once the new addition and parking lot is built, as it will be a bit of a hike from one end of the convention center parking lot to the other end of the new addition parking lot. Otherwise, there better be those people movers like at the airport to get from one end to the other!!

Thanks for the clarification. I thought they were adding 400 rooms.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be great if the Federal or at least State governments would create tax incentives for developers to create high density housing and mixed-use housing since it would:

A. Have less environmental impact (to appease those liberal conservationists out there)

B. People wouldn't have to drive as far which saves on gas

C. Increased security since there would be less acreage to patrol

D. More cost-effective "Green Building" development with less impact on energy production

E. Less demand on the city's infrastructure (sewage treatment, roads, power lines)

F. Anything else you can think of :-)

Yeah that would be great. I mean I can't see families with children flocking there, but there are many yuppies who don't get married until 25-30 and still don't have children for several years after that. Then there are the divorcees, retirees, and empty nest parents. So definitely cheaper condos would be a sign of a healthier city probably. Most condo development seems to be associated with fantasy and luxury (and speculation) right now which aren't dependable. When I was a yuppy and in Raleigh-Durham area it would have been nice to have the option, but they are only now going into a new urbanism craze somewhat and of course it is all luxury stuff.

Here's a larger rendering of the hotel. It's a somewhat scaled down version that I got from the Barber Group. It sounds like this is the only rendering theat they've released to the public so far.

westinrogers2xp4.jpg

Wow, that is VERY impressive!

I'm sorry to be such an outsider, but would this be the tallest building in NWA?

Wow, that is VERY impressive!

I'm sorry to be such an outsider, but would this be the tallest building in NWA?

Yeah actually this would surpass anything we had here in Fayetteville. It will be the tallest building between Little Rock and Tulsa. By the way Brian nice to see you around here.

Yeah actually this would surpass anything we had here in Fayetteville. It will be the tallest building between Little Rock and Tulsa. By the way Brian nice to see you around here.

Hey, man, there's a lot going on here. :) But this one thread in particular really got my interest. I LOVE that building.

Cool looking render.

BUT, does anyone think it's in an odd location-- it's catty-corner from Home Depot, just north of the future big-box retail area and Promenade. It would seem to fit better west of I-540 near Embassy Suites. Still looks cool.

Guess I'm not familiar with luxury hotels going up in an area immediately surrounded by suburbia-retail development. Of course, it may fit in with the adjacent Forty-Fifth development, but I can't see Barbers' concept of that site since apparently their website is down (plus I tried searching for the key words "forty-fifth" in UP but couldn't hardly find anything... I know it's been discussed somewhere).

Cool looking render.

BUT, does anyone think it's in an odd location-- it's catty-corner from Home Depot, just north of the future big-box retail area and Promenade. It would seem to fit better west of I-540 near Embassy Suites. Still looks cool.

Guess I'm not familiar with luxury hotels going up in an area immediately surrounded by suburbia-retail development. Of course, it may fit in with the adjacent Forty-Fifth development, but I can't see Barbers' concept of that site since apparently their website is down (plus I tried searching for the key words "forty-fifth" in UP but couldn't hardly find anything... I know it's been discussed somewhere).

There's not much room over near the Embassy Suites that isn't owned by the Pinnacle Group. I doubt the Pinnacle Group would have allowed Barber to build a hotel there since they have an exclusive agreement with John Q. Hammons.

Cool looking render.

Yeah I'd like to find out more about the Forty Fifth development too. I do remember it being mentioned before. Maybe I can get the Barber Group to give me some more info on that as well.

• 1 month later...

I drove around Pinnacle Hills Promenade today and as I was driving by I noticed that they put up a sign for the Westin hotel. I thought that was pretty cool so I wanted to share with everybody.

Cool, thanks for the update. When I get back from vacation I'll have to start checking out the area up there more often. Especially when all the new retail starts opening up.

I see young Mr. Barber got a DUI yestersay. I wonder if that will effect his financing

Bagbyboy, I saw that, too. The Arkansas Demo-zette had a big article on that company and said they had a reputation for fast living (and partying).

Hopefully this will end up being a "wake-up call" and will help mature the young man.

I drove around Pinnacle Hills Promenade today and as I was driving by I noticed that they put up a sign for the Westin hotel. I thought that was pretty cool so I wanted to share with everybody.

I noticed that as well. I drive on New Hope everyday. I can't wait for this as well, I'm sure I will be able to see some of this from my house once it's completed.

I noticed that as well. I drive on New Hope everyday. I can't wait for this as well, I'm sure I will be able to see some of this from my house once it's completed.

Yeah, from where I live, I can barely see the tippy top of Embassy Suites. So hopefully I'll be able to see it too.

Bagbyboy, I saw that, too. The Arkansas Demo-zette had a big article on that company and said they had a reputation for fast living (and partying).

Hopefully this will end up being a "wake-up call" and will help mature the young man.

Young? If he's too stupid to get a DUI now, then I have to wonder.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived