Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like there's a bit of uneasiness with this project. A recent Arkansas Business article mentioned that Barber is considering moving the hotel from it's spot on 45th Street, across to the Project Forty Fifth.

I wonder why. Uneasiness on how well that development will pan out? I guess I don't see the big advantage to moving it across to the street.

I don't blame him. It is kind of a strange location, having that kind of development with some of the stuff around it now that doesn't really fit. It's really odd to have a Lowe's across from a 22-story luxury hotel and condo.

This isn't a situation where moving the project to a nearby site would influence it much, it would still be just as likely to succeed. In heavily developed areas like Dickson or the River Market where walking to restaurants, etc would make location paramount it's a different situation.

Barber could move this and probably not change the design one iota.

It's a Home Depot Apork. :P

Since I checked out the location, you can't even see the Home Depot from the site. Also, Project forty fifth seems like a good urban project, plus you have the urban Mercy Health hospital along with the Promenade. He could change his mind on this, but I think he's invested too much into the project as it is.

:rofl: I honestly think Home Depots are nicer, just based on personal experience. Barber could shop around at other locations, but I think the only location he's looking at besides the current site is Project Forty Fifth. I actually found out not too long ago that the Westin Hotel and Project Forty Fifth are on two seperate sites across from each other. Here's a map.

IMG_0130.jpg

The 325 Hotel is the Westin Project.

I like Home Depot better as well. If you ever make a trip to Dallas there's a store called Expo near the Galleria which is a designer store that's kind of a select Home Depot with lots of high-end appliances, tile, fixtures, etc.

Ultimately any place you put a 22-story building in NWA will stand out like a sore thumb. Over time, though, that's bound to change. I would bet things grow up around wherever this building is built.

I like Home Depot better as well. If you ever make a trip to Dallas there's a store called Expo near the Galleria which is a designer store that's kind of a select Home Depot with lots of high-end appliances, tile, fixtures, etc.

Ultimately any place you put a 22-story building in NWA will stand out like a sore thumb. Over time, though, that's bound to change. I would bet things grow up around wherever this building is built.

I don't blame him. It is kind of a strange location, having that kind of development with some of the stuff around it now that doesn't really fit. It's really odd to have a Lowe's across from a 22-story luxury hotel and condo.

This isn't a situation where moving the project to a nearby site would influence it much, it would still be just as likely to succeed. In heavily developed areas like Dickson or the River Market where walking to restaurants, etc would make location paramount it's a different situation.

Barber could move this and probably not change the design one iota.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Barber and The Pinnacle Group (JV) are trying to relocate the entire Westin Project from the 45th Development to a new site at the corner of Northgate Road and Champions Drive. BB can't get the deal done by himself at 45th.

It is directly adjacent to Beau Chene Farms subdivision and Pinnacle Country Club residential areas. Big meeting Wednesday night at the Embassy Suites ballroom with both neighborhood groups. Can you even imagine a 22 story hotel sharing a property line with single family homes in the millions? It's their newest dumb idea of making that area a "resort destination" (their words). No infrastruture, 2 lane streets, beautiful trees and neighbors who can match them toe to toe in court.....

Barber and The Pinnacle Group (JV) are trying to relocate the entire Westin Project from the 45th Development to a new site at the corner of Northgate Road and Champions Drive. BB can't get the deal done by himself at 45th.

It is directly adjacent to Beau Chene Farms subdivision and Pinnacle Country Club residential areas. Big meeting Wednesday night at the Embassy Suites ballroom with both neighborhood groups. Can you even imagine a 22 story hotel sharing a property line with single family homes in the millions? It's their newest dumb idea of making that area a "resort destination" (their words). No infrastruture, 2 lane streets, beautiful trees and neighbors who can match them toe to toe in court.....

Archived