Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

Well, if you own the land, and are wealthy, why not use prime real estate for a cemetary?

At least the latest location for the Westin makes good sense.

I wonder how the latest change of charge in the Pinnacle Group may affect future decisions. Other than building a cemetery.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if you own the land, and are wealthy, why not use prime real estate for a cemetary?

At least the latest location for the Westin makes good sense.

I wonder how the latest change of charge in the Pinnacle Group may affect future decisions. Other than building a cemetery.

I think its a terrible use for the land. How is being really close to the interstate peaceful? I think cemeteries are better suited for exurban or low density residential areas. They can be valuable assests to a neighborhood in lieu of a park. I know people frequently use the city cemetery in Bentonville for walking trails especially during lunch. Think about how frustrating it would be for both funeral attendees and general drivers when you have those long funeral processions all the time along a busy road.

A cemetery sounds like a great idea for that location. I disagree that a cemetery would be a wasteful use of that land . I doubt it'll look like the typical graveyard, but more like a memorial garden with fancy headstones and mausoleums. It will most likely be surrounded by a fancy wall with a giant wrought iron gate.

• 1 month later...

It looks like plans for the 22 story hotel have been scaled back to only 7 stories. Too many hotel rooms already in the Rogers/Bentonville Market seems to be the major reason. Too me it seems like a very large scale down. 1/3 the height of the original building. Maybe Barber has realized that this area of the metro seems to be over developing for now.

Here is the article from the Times: Westin Scaled Down

It looks like plans for the 22 story hotel have been scaled back to only 7 stories. Too many hotel rooms already in the Rogers/Bentonville Market seems to be the major reason. Too me it seems like a very large scale down. 1/3 the height of the original building. Maybe Barber has realized that this area of the metro seems to be over developing for now.

Here is the article from the Times: Westin Scaled Down

I agree but I wish they wouldn't overblow these announcements. Just like with the arena now the atmosphere seems more like disappointment than excitement. I think it's much better to be realistic and then increase the scale if there's demand for it.

Archived