Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that anywhere in NWA will be getting a Westin, but a Sheraton sounds more like it. The Sheraton is Westins lower class brand, but is still a premium hotel. The Westins only go in the major metros and those with large tourism industries and NWA doesn't meet either criteria.

You are correct that NWA doesn't have a lot of tourist. In fact we are one of only a few regions in the country where the hotels are fuller during the work week then during the weekend. Also, as the vendors travel to NWA, they stay somewhere nice. I work for a vendor in Bentonville and when people come to visit they always stay at the Embassay Suites, becuase it is a very nice hotel. I would think this is almost a perfect market for a Westin, because I am willing to bet that business travelers are more willing to pay the money to stay somewhere nice, compared to a family that is traveling.

You are correct that NWA doesn't have a lot of tourist. In fact we are one of only a few regions in the country where the hotels are fuller during the work week then during the weekend. Also, as the vendors travel to NWA, they stay somewhere nice. I work for a vendor in Bentonville and when people come to visit they always stay at the Embassay Suites, becuase it is a very nice hotel. I would think this is almost a perfect market for a Westin, because I am willing to bet that business travelers are more willing to pay the money to stay somewhere nice, compared to a family that is traveling.

Good point. We may not have recreational tourism, but you won't find another region like this with as many business tourists. I wasn't really trying to say that a Westin is too good for NWA, but they are more of a resort-type hotel, whereas the equally nice Sheraton is more suited to business travellers. Now a Waldorf Hotel would also be nice and it starts with a W. :D

Good point. We may not have recreational tourism, but you won't find another region like this with as many business tourists. I wasn't really trying to say that a Westin is too good for NWA, but they are more of a resort-type hotel, whereas the equally nice Sheraton is more suited to business travellers. Now a Waldorf Hotel would also be nice and it starts with a W. :D

Personally I would like to see a Wyndham, which are very nice as well.

Looks like the Barber Group and Westin are already doing business. A second location for them should be no problem.

"Lower Broadway could be home to Westin Hotel, if a Springdale, Ark.-developer that is proposing the project can make it happen.

Over the past couple of months, The Barber Group, along with Denver-based development partner Sage Hospitality Resources, has had initial contacts with city planners and the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency on a plan to build a 220-foot tall Westin along Broadway between Second and Third Avenues South. "

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2006/5/2..._lower_broadway

It's great to see the Barber Group doing major developments in some major cities like Nashville. Even Cooper Communities, Inc located in Rogers is building multi-million dollar resorts in places like Orange Beach, Alabama. I'm sure we all know who Cooper Communities is... Bella Vista? Anyway, here's an article about the $37 million resort at Orange Beach being developed by Cooper Communities.

That does give us hope of getting some great developments from these developers.

Wow. I just wanted to let everyone know that I came across an amazing project website with the Barber group. It is called 45th. This is the project off New Hope Road. I couldn't believe I found this. But look at the renderings and some of the tenants of the Pinnacle Promenade. This could be as big of a development as the Promenade. Check it out.

http://www.fortyfifth.com/

Wow. I just wanted to let everyone know that I came across an amazing project website with the Barber group. It is called 45th. This is the project off New Hope Road. I couldn't believe I found this. But look at the renderings and some of the tenants of the Pinnacle Promenade. This could be as big of a development as the Promenade. Check it out.

Yes, by the plans it looks like the project will have 4 Fast Food Restaurants, 3 Sit-Down Restaurants, a 5 acre Water Feature (Awesome!!), and a mix of Office, Retail and other Restaurant Space. Plans for this project and the 20 Floorish Hotel should be announced within 2 or so months.

Great find RemusCal! I've been wondering what was to become of that huge field between the Promenade and New Hope Road. Thanks! :D

• 4 weeks later...

post-5673-1154142807_thumb.jpgIf you thought the promenade and convention center were exciting, you won't believe what is next.

This is an Arkansas business report on the newest Barber project called 45th. It is right next to the promenade behind the hospital. It will be a huge development with retail, restaurants, and other high rise buildings. This is surely becoming a downtown. It is unbelievable.

The story......

Brandon Barber plans to build a 22-story, $100 million Westin hotel in Rogers.

If approved by the Rogers Planning Commission, the Westin will be the tallest building between Tulsa and Little Rock.

Barber hopes to begin construction early next year and have the hotel completed by early 2009.

Across 45th Street from the proposed hotel, Barber has plans for a $300 million retail and office development, currently dubbed

post-5673-1154142807_thumb.jpg

Wow, this is some really great news, and love the modern look of the building. I can't say enough of what the Barbers are doing for NWA. I just wish the bellafont devlopment was being built in Rogers by all the other high rises instead of having the rogers, fayetteville uptown, and fayetteville downtown areas all with highrises.

Where does the Barber Group get the financing for this sort of thing? This is an exciting project, but I wonder if it isn't overexpansion...I don't think the NWA market can support a project of this size economically.

I hope they build it, it isn't my money. But I sure wouldn't want to be a stockholder in the bank that provides the financing...especially considering the owners have no experiance mananaging a project of this size.

post-5673-1154142807_thumb.jpgIf you thought the promenade and convention center were exciting, you won't believe what is next.

This is an Arkansas business report on the newest Barber project called 45th. It is right next to the promenade behind the hospital. It will be a huge development with retail, restaurants, and other high rise buildings. This is surely becoming a downtown. It is unbelievable.

Super duper! The Northwest Arkansas Council didn't lie when, 5 years ago, they called Rogers the "Cosmopolitan City" of Northwest Arkansas. I wouldn't call it "downtown", but it surely is becoming "uptown". There are a LOT of "affluent" people in NWA and more are moving here every day. As an example there is a new golf car store on Hwy 102 in Rogers that sells golf car replicas of Rolls Royce, Hummer and even a Dodge Viper! There's also the new Harley Davidson showroom on Hwy 102 and those don't get built just anywhere. That's a sure sign that Rogers is "cosmopolitan".

I can see a slight resemblance to the Divinity. I noticed the article already mentioned Nashville. I recently talked to someone who is in the works of trying to put in some nice coffeeshops into some of the Barber Group's developments and he had mentioned Nashville to me.

Congrat's to NWA! That looks great......my only concern is if Westin will actually want to put their name on this thing. Alot of the time these developers will come out with a big dev. but when all is said and done its completely different then the original plan. I just hope this Barber guy is the real deal.

Congrat's to NWA! That looks great......my only concern is if Westin will actually want to put their name on this thing. Alot of the time these developers will come out with a big dev. but when all is said and done its completely different then the original plan. I just hope this Barber guy is the real deal.

Well he's got many high profile projects going on in NWA, like the 7 Floor Legacy Building in Downtown Fayetteville, Bellafont Development in Fayetteville that includes 4 highrises 2 of which will be 16 Floors, and the Divinity Project which is 10 Floors in Downtown Fayetteville.

Well he's got many high profile projects going on in NWA, like the 7 Floor Legacy Building in Downtown Fayetteville, Bellafont Development in Fayetteville that includes 4 highrises 2 of which will be 16 Floors, and the Divinity Project which is 10 Floors in Downtown Fayetteville.

I really hope that this goes through without a hitch. I think it'll be a terrific addition that will draw more new things from outside the area!

Archived