Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

2 hours ago, pathb said:

PANO_20191027_155121.jpg

Would it have been unrealistic to make the new bridge straight? I know it would've probably resulted in sort of an odd kink, but just having the tracks in the road tends to slow folks down and the cost/risk of mistake would've been smaller with straight girders with possibly a slight turn in the middle instead. Might have prevented the error and reduced cost. 

10 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Would it have been unrealistic to make the new bridge straight? I know it would've probably resulted in sort of an odd kink, but just having the tracks in the road tends to slow folks down and the cost/risk of mistake would've been smaller with straight girders with possibly a slight turn in the middle instead. Might have prevented the error and reduced cost. 

Im tired of asking questions about what could have been...meaning this bridge should already be open...but im just glad its starting to look like a bridge again!

I really wish they would pave the entire road in concrete, instead of just adjacent to the rails.  There are several spots near McDowell where the asphalt has sunk noticeably from the concrete, which both looks bad and is somewhat hazardous to drive on.  I suspect concrete is more expensive initially than asphalt, but if you look at older concrete roads like Charlottetowne (Old Independence), they seem to have held up pretty well despite age and amount of use.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 1

I wish Phase 2 would of extended to the Rosa Parks Transit Center.  I will assume crossing 277 and 85 isn't cheap. Beatties Ford  is in desperate need for some development. 

Beatties Ford And LaSalle Business Owners Look Forward To Revitalization With UrbanMain 

Not one mention of the streetcar in the article above. (WFAE )   :tw_expressionless:

3 hours ago, jordan704 said:

I wish Phase 2 would of extended to the Rosa Parks Transit Center.  I will assume crossing 277 and 85 isn't cheap. Beatties Ford  is in desperate need for some development. 

Beatties Ford And LaSalle Business Owners Look Forward To Revitalization With UrbanMain 

Not one mention of the streetcar in the article above. (WFAE )   :tw_expressionless:

I really truly think they are already going to be traveling too great of a distance, for Streetcar to be useful for further stretches.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:42 AM, King of the Queen City said:

Don’t let the dirty windshield distract you from the beautiful Charlotte sunrise. Can’t wait until the streetcar is running up and down these tracks!

AEF1C59B-EFDC-4048-92C9-85260DEB8BF4.gif.1e4f631a0b68cef2ab5ffbd4208cbffc.gif

828D1B5E-6CF8-45F6-BEEC-773B5E719918.thumb.jpeg.886a667b545245b63c9104f6edcad00d.jpeg

Anyone know if they are planning to re-brick the street here. Always thought it was a nice touch.  Went really well with the brick at Gateway Village.

• Like 1

Just got the weekly email from the city on the Gold Line construction.  They are going to begin welding for the tracks on the central side of the bridge starting 11/19 to 11/21.  And speaking of the bridge:

1. Hawthorne Lane Bridge

• WARNING – The bridge is out.  The deck has not been replaced.  See schedule of upcoming work below: 
  • No Work Scheduled at this time.

The last time I saw that, they had installed the wrong girders :tw_grimace:.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1