Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

26 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Does the law in NC and in the city allow a parking ticket to be issued from a photo alone and not by an on site police officer or parking enforcement employee? 

Photo parking enforcement is legal in NC — they do it at UNCC. If there are any requirements about the personnel I would imagine it would be easy enough to train / certify gold line drivers to do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Here is how to fix this:  city allow a tow truck to cruise the line and tow any car parked in the track even for 1 minute and this will stop real quick when enough people get a fine and towing bill.  Ticket should be $100 plus the towing bill.  If I parked my car or truck in middle of the Square I would be towed immediately.  Lets get our tow drivers some easy money and solve this problem. 

Hell, I'd even go one step further and have the driver pay for any potential loss of revenue the line suffered while the tram was sitting idle. (Obviously this only applies once fares come in to play.) 

• Like 1

Tow trucks used to wait on the 4th st side of the County Office building where parking was allowed and at the stroke of 4pm parking expiration they hoisted and drove the cars away. I should know. I had the "experience". (Never assume your county office affairs will take a reasonable amount of time. They always take longer.)

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 3

I never understood the mindlessness of some motorists uptown. I drive, I'll admit I sometimes even drive between locations uptown, but if I need to double park to run into a business, I either park in an established spot, or I will put my flashers on and make sure I'm not obstructing *anything.* I was picking up Chipotle the other day and had a big ol' BMW park behind me directly over the crosswalk. But parking on tracks? That's a whole new level of stupid. Even if you don't understand streetcars (out of towners etc) you certainly understand tracks=trains. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TGIBridays said:

Anyone know the reason there's still construction material on the Hawthorne bridge? It makes the bridge look pretty trashy, IMO. Are they still not finished with the bridge or did the contractor just leave without cleaning up the project?

20211013_173416.jpg

That portion of the Overhang Falsework has to be removed during the overnight hours with Traffic reduced to 1 or 2 lanes to permit the work.  Looks to me like it just hasnt been scheduled yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

That portion of the Overhang Falsework has to be removed during the overnight hours with Traffic reduced to 1 or 2 lanes to permit the work.  Looks to me like it just hasnt been scheduled yet.

Ah, makes sense.  It just seems like it's been up for a long time considering we're closing in on a year of the bridge being open to traffic.

• Like 3