Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

7 hours ago, kermit said:

Is there a reason why the Gold Line can’t run on a request only (or when the driver sees people on the platform waiting to board) stop pattern? It would operate like a bus and certainly speed up service.

The streetcar stops at every stop? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 12:34 PM, kermit said:

Meaningless data point of the day:

I have ridden the blue line through uptown 132 times since August. Each time  we stopped at CTC I looked for a Gold Line vehicle. I saw one on 124 of those stops (which I thought was pretty good).

Unfortunately, I never once saw two Gold Line vehicles.

We gotta run our rail properly (e.g. more often)

The other day I was wondering in the far future if it would make sense to have a streetcar that connects the Blue Line to SouthPark along Tyvola Rd. I'm sure it would be a complicated undertaking but I imagine it would work really well if it was timed so that a streetcar was waiting at Tyvola Station every time a Blue Line train arrives, arriving shortly before the train. Would make for pretty convenient access to the shopping areas from the Blue Line corridor. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In non-derailment news from last night’s council meeting. Brent Cagle said (via QC Nerve):

Cagle said the city is looking into entering an agreement with a private towing company that can quickly tow a vehicle off the Gold Line tracks if parked there. Currently, CATS security would respond to the scene and issue a $25 ticket, then call a tow company and if the truck gets there before the driver of the parked car, only then will the car be towed.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...