Cotswold Village

dubone

• 7 months later...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody got any updated pictures or details on this? The link above does not work anymore, nor is it cached anywhere on google. Thanks

There's a before and after picture of the Harris Teeter in Cotswold Village Shops here

htcotswoldnew.jpg

see the Old Harris Teeter here: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry404854

There's also a pic of the "village" and the Stein Mart + Marshalls there^ (it's just the previous page)

and here are some photos via the Charlotte Mecklenburg tax site (They may be outdated though)

MH094802.JPG

MH095051.JPG

MH095211.JPG

MH095155.JPG

MH094505.JPG

additionally, there are good pics here from CharMeck's shopping center study PDF: http://www.charmeck.org/NR/rdonlyres/erghx...5d/Cotswold.pdf

(it too is outdated though, seeing as Old Navy is now Books-A-Million)

ABC store will close on Wendover and move (back) to Cotswold in the new building. Starbucks will close its tiny location between Stein Mart and Ulta and also move into the new building. The new Starbucks will have a drive thru; the liquor store will not.

Does anybody have any renderings of the new structure? I see the site plans on rezoning.org, but wondered if there were any renderings of the actual new building? Thx

Just left the Cotswold Starbucks. I asked them if they had any idea when the new building would be done, but they had no clue. They did tell me that (sadly) there will be no drive through at the new building. According to the barista, the city wouldn't approve it. Something about all of the congestion in the area with the Chik-Fil-A drive through (which is a nightmare at lunch) and the Bojangles.

So no drive thru.

One barista said they even presented the city with a petition to try to get them to reconsider, but it didn't work.

Thank God the city did not permit a drive-thru. We certainly do not need any more cars idling in drive-thru lanes. Plus, forcing people to get out of their car (how primative!) might be the only exercise some people ever get.

Right, especially if one is to go in for a 300 calorie frappuccino

^ man, i agree. good for the city - i hope this is a sign that they are going to get tougher on this type o' thing. however, i wonder if it's only b/c starbucks doesn't serve prepared food... i mean is it possible the city could begin to deny drive-thru to fast food chains. if so, it would be a shocking and bold move for the city.

See, I was coming at it from a completely selfish place, thinking how much more convenient it would be for me to be able to get my coffee (no frothy drinks for me) without having to unstrap my two little ones. I'm lazy. :blush:

But you are all right. Adding a drive through to that area would have been madness.

See, I was coming at it from a completely selfish place, thinking how much more convenient it would be for me to be able to get my coffee (no frothy drinks for me) without having to unstrap my two little ones. I'm lazy. :blush:

But you are all right. Adding a drive through to that area would have been madness.

oh, i understand the kid factor - i have 2 myself. there are times when i've used the drive-thru for convenience... but, we have all but stopped. now, whenever i get the urge i think about my kids playing outside on days that aren't ozone code red & orange.

boochops, i do feel ya - toting the kids around usually doubles the length of your errand... and if they're feeling testy... oh, man.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In answer to my question, yes, they are moving. It will double their space (if not more) and supposedly have outdoor seating.

On another note, The CBJ has an article about the Colwick Tower building across the street. If you're not familiar with it, it is the 7 story white building near the Chic-fil-A. Apparently the Trammell Crow company bought it and is planning on renovating it and selling units as medical offices.

99601-400-0.jpg

• 1 year later...

Over the weekend I was in Stein Mart at Coltswold and was told that they are closing down this location. Marshall's is taking over the space and is make it their Home Goods store. Hopefully they're moving to Metroplitan

• 1 year later...

On another note, The CBJ has an article about the Colwick Tower building across the street. If you're not familiar with it, it is the 7 story white building near the Chic-fil-A. Apparently the Trammell Crow company bought it and is planning on renovating it and selling units as medical offices.

99601-400-0.jpg

Does anybody know what is now happening with this building? They have now stripped this building down to the steel frame after the makeover just a few years ago.

Does anybody know what is now happening with this building? They have now stripped this building down to the steel frame after the makeover just a few years ago.

Not sure what the story is with this building, but I have always felt this building was out of place and cheap looking. It was my one of biggest complaints since moving to the area this summer. I am thrilled they have stripped it down(it already looks better ;) ) I have high hopes that the renovations and changes to come will be a great improvement. Anyone has any news please share.

Over the weekend I was in Stein Mart at Coltswold and was told that they are closing down this location. Marshall's is taking over the space and is make it their Home Goods store. Hopefully they're moving to Metroplitan

Where Stein Mart was is now going to be a Petsmart...a great addition IMO.

• 2 months later...

:thumbsup: Good news with this building IMO, after they stripped it down they have been working on it for months and just recently started adding steel to the outside and are putting up a glass exterior. One side is almost completely done with the others coming along. I think so far this change is a major improvement for this building and this corner of Cotswald. The looks is much more Southpark and than the old look. Hopefully it opens the door for some continued growth in Cotswald of this style.

Archived