Greenville Skyline

distortedlogic

Yea, carolinadude9409, I think Skyliner's intent with this image was to show what the skyline will look like with the three additional towers that are imminent rather than with the speculative ones.

This new image of Skyliner's probably would fit with this other thread, too. In fact, there are a few threads about the Greenville Skyline that could really be merged together.

Heck, for that matter, there are a lot of "duplicate" type threads that I'd love to merge together to clean things up a bit here. :lol:

Calling on Spartan, calling on Spartan. :lol:

Someone will have to point out precisely which threads need to change, otherwise it will be exhaustive and time-consuming. Also, take into account that merging threads that have been active at the same time could affect the "mesh" of certain discussions. By that, I mean that once merged, each reply is placed in order by date and time, rather than by grouping of individual discussions. Otherwise, I completely agree with combining similar topics. ;)

Edited by Skyliner

Someone will have to point out precisely which threads need to change, otherwise it will be exhaustive and time-consuming. Also, take into account that merging threads that have been active at the same time could affect the "mesh" of certain discussions. By that, I mean that once merged, each reply is placed in order by date and time, rather than by grouping of individual discussions. Otherwise, I completely agree with combining similar topics. ;)

I'll sit down and itemize a list and send it to Spartan. No worries.

The threads to which I'm referring are ancient/old/stale threads discussing the same topics that have very recently been raised in newer threads, so there shoudln't be a thread merge issue. Wow, thread merging...it almost sounds like I'm talking about Oracle Real Application Clusters and Rolling Upgrades here....I can't get away from work no matter how hard I try. :sick:

Greenville better get on the ball, because Asheville is really making some noise these days. :shok:

A very interesting excerpt from the article:

Yeah, I would be surprised if all of them get built too, but then again, Asheville is in a little different niche than Gville, maybe the demand will be there. (I didn't read the whole article, did it mention prices?) Actually, I think Asheville's skyline maybe a little more impressive than Gville's already. :( This would only reenforce that. Gville definitely needs to get on the ball. Maybe if this new state tallest pans out, and Phase 3, city hall site, and new Courthouse all get built in addition to the other 3, we will have something. But, even then, we are only talking the addition of seven buildings.

Edited by distortedlogic

...Actually, I think Asheville's skyline maybe a little more impressive than Gville's already...

I suppose that's something that would be an opinion. For me personally, Asheville's skyline (other than the mountains) does nothing for me.

Asheville (from the Grove Park Inn):

90515016_f8ef5609e0_b.jpg

The new towers discussesd in that article would be off to the left, pretty much out of the frame in that shot.

Greenville (from atop Paris Mountain):

138711584_5d281f80d1_b.jpg

In these pictures I agree. But, take the picture channel 13 uses as their backdrop, that is a more impressive shot of their DT. Even though Asheville does not have as many building, nor as tall, they seem to be positioned in a way that makes the skyline seem more dense to me. I also think that the architecture has something to do with it, as their buildings are not generally as boxy.

• 6 months later...
Well guys, I thought we might could update this one a little. With the pending additions of the pinnacle and peacock. And the likely additions of the Rhett st project, city hall site project, riverplace phase 3, and federal courthouse (plus the other midrise projects) it may not take as long as we think. :shades:

Thought this from the "Highrise Index" thread would be relevant here as well.

Ok, to update again with court st project:

Likely in the next 3 years:

1. Pinnacle on Main

2. Peacock

3. Rhett St Condo

4. Riverplace Phase 3

5. City Hall Plaza

6. Federal Courthouse

7. Residential Tower at Mag Park

8. Office Tower at Mag Park

9. Court St Residential

Possible

1. Bob Ellis Uptown Tower

2. Woolworth Development

3. Main at McBee

Other Mid-Rise

1. Bookends Phase 2

2. Site of Green Monster beside Army-Navy

3. Palmetto HQ

4. Another hotel or 2 at the Point

5. Shealy Elec Site

Anymore?

Edited by distortedlogic

Your next three years list seems to be pretty reasonable.

Not sure about this, but I don't think the Green monster is going anywhere. I think the development for it is the Shealy site... can anyone confirm or correct this?

Also, you can add the proposed 9-story tower on Court Street to the maybe list.

Edited by GvilleSC

Ok. GvilleSC will design it, erm1981 will build it with the rest of his crew, skyliner will take pics of the progress, restedtraveler and gsupstate will be on standby like they are now, maninthepark will do the plumbing work, btoy will sell the condos/office/retail space in it, distortedlogic will say "will this thing ever break ground," greenville will be in chucktown so he'll miss it, and i'll be the same annoying person like always. :lol:

Edited by g-man430

Ok. GvilleSC will design it, erm1981 will build it with the rest of his crew, skyliner will take pics of the progress, restedtraveler and gsupstate will be on standby like they are now, maninthepark will do the plumbing work, btoy will sell the condos/office/retail space in it, distortedlogic will say "will this thing ever break ground," greenville will be in chucktown so he'll miss it, and i'll be the same annoying person like always. :lol:

• 1 month later...

To Update the list again with what we know now:

Likely over the next three years (just for DT):

1. Pinnacle on Main

2. Peacock

3. Court St Residential

4. Rhett St Residential

5. City Hall Plaza

6. Riverplace Phase 3

Possible over 5 years:

1. Old Woolworth site (awaiting announcement)

2. Bob Ellis Seret uptown project

3. Federal Courthouse

4. Possible project at Gateway site (if not number 2)

Likely or possible Midrise:

1. Bookends Phase 2

2. Green Monster (Army Navy site)

3. Palmetto Bank HQ

4. Main at McBee (?)

5. Shealy Electric site

Any to add?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...