Greenville Skyline

distortedlogic

Sounds like it has been approved and is awaiting construction. I thought this was a good example of the kind of architecture that Gville is sorely lacking. Many of our buildings seem so unoriginal to me. I agree with krazee, the peacock would have done well to resemble this type of architecture, if even a miniature version.

Hmm, that peacock building looks very similar to the new MUSC medical building we just finsihed here in charleston. Don't have picture of it, maybe somebody can post one. Cool building none the less. I am always for downtown development. I am basing this on the old renderings, the new rendering seems too look quite different at 8 to 9 stories.

Edited by pompusmaximus

• 1 month later...

^I also noticed that when i rode by the other day. The first columns are pretty high in the air. Pretty interesting. It will be neat to see the concrete structure when they top it out just to see how big of an impact it will have. I suspect it will have a huge impact on that area with Mcbee station just down the street. I hope it spurs bigger and better things.

^I also noticed that when i rode by the other day. The first columns are pretty high in the air. Pretty interesting. It will be neat to see the concrete structure when they top it out just to see how big of an impact it will have. I suspect it will have a huge impact on that area with Mcbee station just down the street. I hope it spurs bigger and better things.

I remember one day I did talk to the superintendent when we were building Mcbee station. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. He had came to staples that day and I noticed his truck. I walked over and struck up a conversation with him. He said him and his wife where thinking about staying in Greenville cause they liked it here. He also said it was going to be one heck of a building when completed even though they had scaled it back. He used words like "fancy" to describe the final building. He has seen all the plans and material list so he has a good idea of what is in it and what the finished product will be. It made my expectations rise over what I had previously thought of the building.

I remember one day I did talk to the superintendent when we were building Mcbee station. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. He had came to staples that day and I noticed his truck. I walked over and struck up a conversation with him. He said him and his wife where thinking about staying in Greenville cause they liked it here. He also said it was going to be one heck of a building when completed even though they had scaled it back. He used words like "fancy" to describe the final building. He has seen all the plans and material list so he has a good idea of what is in it and what the finished product will be. It made my expectations rise over what I had previously thought of the building.