Plaza Tower

TSmith

MUCH better. I'm glad they're doing this, because now the New Orleans skyline will be even more appealing.

Definately. And the tower will no longer be a pain to look at coming up I-10. In fact, if it is renovated to look like those renderings, it would become one of my favorite towers in the city. It looks fantastic in those models, especially when compared to what it looks like now...

IMG_2303.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing that building on my drive from Houston to Richmond. Passed right by New Orleans, and if i do recall, that building stuck out like a sore thumb. Nice to see some modern facade get put over the old one. Kinda like what Richmond City Hall did. Went from marble:

Old City Hall

To this modern beauty:

439867.jpg

And P.S. for the mods who might see this, Im Tommy from Emporis so dont worry, its not copyright :thumbsup: And I hope nobody minded me posting this, I just wanted to use it as an example.

And P.S. for the mods who might see this, Im Tommy from Emporis so dont worry, its not copyright :thumbsup: And I hope nobody minded me posting this, I just wanted to use it as an example.

Ahhh man I'm so jealous. I was recently rejected as an editor for Emporis. :cry:

Ahhh man I'm so jealous. I was recently rejected as an editor for Emporis. :cry:

Sorry about that, its quite hard to get in to, I contacted Mr. Keikfiefer who was in charge of my city's forum and he gave me tons of advice before going in. I would try contacting whosever in charge of your city's forum and talk with them. They train you and give you tips for impressing the big guys. He also said to start off as a photographer and then become an editor later on. Anyways, thats my advice, it worked and it gives you an idea of how to become higher and higher up up on the list over there. So try contacting your city's head guy by clicking on feedback to the editor. It works :thumbsup: and I know :offtopic: Sorry about that.

I remember seeing that building on my drive from Houston to Richmond. Passed right by New Orleans, and if i do recall, that building stuck out like a sore thumb. Nice to see some modern facade get put over the old one. Kinda like what Richmond City Hall did. Went from marble:

Old City Hall

To this modern beauty:

439867.jpg

Thanks for the information about Emporis, Tommy. I sent you a PM on this. :)

Anyway, for whatever reason your image isn't showing up for me. Is it showing up for you on here??

Nate, your guess is as good as mine about the height of the spire. I always wondered if those things would become instant lightning rods ?

Isn't Plaza Tower 48-stories ? I see where the list it at 44-stories with it being converted into condo's. Is that because the upper floors will have taller vaulted ceilings ?

Isn't Plaza Tower 48-stories? I see where the list it at 44-stories with it being converted into condo's. Is that because the upper floors will have taller vaulted ceilings?

I'm pretty sure it was actually 45 stories as an office tower, so I guess if it is listed as 44 stories as a condo tower, it would probably be vaulted ceilings in the top floors, I'm guessing the penthouse's, like you said.

Wow this is really cool. I guess that explains the increase in activity I saw. I wonder when they'll start ripping that ugly thing apart?

Yea it's really exciting to see things getting underway, hopefully they'll have that ugly outer shell gone soon. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Today, Connecticut investment firm Plainfield Direct announced the rehabilitation of Plaza Tower. According to the article, the firm paid all back taxes to the city today ($608K) and will begin renovating the annex and parking garage immediately. Work on the tower is scheduled to begin early next year.

Archived