Transit Updates for Greater Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

4 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

You can drive in the bus only lanes in your car, nobody enforces them

PREACH!

Grand Rapids has bus lanes the same way we have form-based non-exclusive zoning: sorta, kind, maybe, not really.

Grand Rapid's motto should be changed to: "A great city, despite half-assing every damn thing!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ZAP! said:

Anyone know anything about the permanent shuttering of the long-dormant retail space at Central Station?

IMG_20191210_175104.jpg

The Rapid's in the process of moving the majority of their Admin staff from the building next door to the unused 2nd and 3rd floors of Central Station to cut down on expenses. I believe that is part of the major renovations required for the move.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VectorPrime said:

The Rapid's in the process of moving the majority of their Admin staff from the building next door to the unused 2nd and 3rd floors of Central Station to cut down on expenses. I believe that is part of the major renovations required for the move.

Wow, wonder what the plans are for that building then? It's kind of a cool little building. 

https://goo.gl/maps/QdUyHZSuEK5A9ABWA

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

When does the Laker Line start running?

Joe

I think August 28th, maybe the 31st?  The stop under 131 looks really great too.  They tore up all the intersections with stops on Fulton and put down pavers.

For the past several days, I've been seeing the articulated Laker Line buses stopping at the stations up and down Lake Michigan Dr. I assume the drivers assigned to the route are currently being trained.  I absolutely love the looks of the busses. Kind makes it seem like little ol' Grand Rapids has finally put on its big city pants. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...