Gas prices in your region of Louisiana?

dimebag1980

Just curious how everyone is doing as far as gas prices are concerned. I think it's absolutely insane that prices have crept back up this high, and still rising rapidly. I stopped to gas up yesterday at the Chevron off Barksdale Air Force at I-20 and Industrial Drive, and mid-grade was right $3.00, or $2.999 to be exact. Since I always use mid-grade given the crappy quality of regular, I just took a deep breath and began to pump my gas. Even though I was at 1/4 tank, I kind of expected it to take $40 to fill up, so I was pleasantly surprised that it took only $32.50. Boy, Chevron Credit Corp loves me, since I have to fill up 2-3 times/week.

I'm not sure if any of you keep up with your local gas prices... I know I'm bad about letting them sneak up on me and then I'm shocked when I'm paying $3.00/gallon. Anyway, below is a list of "Gas Prices" websites in the state of Louisiana.

NewOrleansgasprices.com - New Orleans region

Shreveportgasprices.com - Shreveport region

Louisianagasprices.com - other Louisiana regions, including Baton Rouge, Lafayette, and Lake Charles

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that the prices listed are for Regular Unleaded. So if Regular is listed at $2.95, Mid-grade is likely to be around $3.05 and Premium around $3.15.

Looks like the most expensive Regular Unleaded in metro SBC is actually in Haughton. Go figure. I don't know why, but gas in this town is much higher than everywhere else in the metro. And there are actually quite a few stations over this way... but I always make sure I gas up on my way out of Bossier City to save a few cents per gallon.

Keep in mind that the prices listed are for Regular Unleaded. So if Regular is listed at $2.95, Mid-grade is likely to be around $3.05 and Premium around $3.15.

Looks like the most expensive Regular Unleaded in metro SBC is actually in Haughton. Go figure. I don't know why, but gas in this town is much higher than everywhere else in the metro. And there are actually quite a few stations over this way... but I always make sure I gas up on my way out of Bossier City to save a few cents per gallon.

The average price for a gallon of Regular Unleaded around metro New Orleans is between 2.70 and 2.80 right now. In Covington, the prices are mostly closer to 2.70.

One of the local-TV stations says Baton Rouge's average regular gas prices are $ 2.83. It's $2.76 nearby.

As recent as last year Louisiana used to run about 9 cents cheaper than the National average. But now gas prices in Louisiana have been the exact same with the National average.

I filled up last night and it was 2.77 at an exxon near Cortana Mall on Airline Hwy. UGHHH!!!!

Damn, you're lucky. I wish I could fill up at an Exxon for $2.77. The typical price at Exxon stations here is between $2.85 and $2.95 for Regular, and I use Mid-Grade which is usually about $0.10 higher. The Exxon in Red Chute, which is the nearest Exxon to my house, has Regular for $2.95 and the Exxon right down from my office in southeast Shreveport is also at $2.95. Regular unleaded at the Chevron between Bossier City and Haughton is $2.91.

I think I filled up at the same station on Airline yesterday. And man was the traffic bad! UHH! :blink:

That's hilarious. Airline Drive here in Bossier is the most congested road in this metro. My wife and I are the same way... we make it a point to not stop for gas along Airline Drive. We'll get on the freeway and get off at the next exit just to avoid getting gas on Airline. Must be something in the name, eh?

The Racetrack gas station has some of the areas cheapest gas.

It took a 10 cent drop today, now it's down to $2.79.

Maybe you will see a 10 cent drop soon too Nate ?

A 10-cent drop!?!? Ooooh I don't know about Nate, but I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I filled up on Wednesday, and mid-grade at the station I filled up at was $3.07! That one hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Local BR TV Station said the national average was $ 2.90

The Baton Rouge average is now $2.80 So at least it is 10 cents below the national average like it was pre-Katrina.

Some places around the country were paying as much as $3.29 !

Local BR TV Station said the national average was $ 2.90

The Baton Rouge average is now $2.80 So at least it is 10 cents below the national average like it was pre-Katrina.

Some places around the country were paying as much as $3.29 !

Thanks for reviving this thread, Richy! I meant to post here yesterday but forgot all about it.

You know, a few weeks ago I was complaining about paying $3.00/gallon for Mid-Grade at a Chevron station in Bossier. Well, yesterday I filled up at the same store and it was down to $2.80/gallon! MUCH better! :D

Regular gas was up in the 2.90's here in Covington last week, but it has dropped down to around 2.82 since then. Much better!

I don't know if I'd say it's funny or sad, but until the other day when I found the gas for $2.80, I hadn't even noticed the prices lately. I just stick the Chevron credit card in and pump. I don't even keep up with it anymore, and that's why I typically carry a balance of at least $500 on that card.

I don't know if I'd say it's funny or sad, but until the other day when I found the gas for $2.80, I hadn't even noticed the prices lately. I just stick the Chevron credit card in and pump. I don't even keep up with it anymore, and that's why I typically carry a balance of at least $500 on that card.

I really noticed it when prices got up in the 2.90's. It's just like "WHOA! That's almost three bucks man!" ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived