Gas prices in your region of Louisiana?

dimebag1980

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fill up for 2.65/gal at the Sam's Club on Airport Rd. at I-12. Lowest price I could find anywhere.

That's not bad at all. I hope we see some 2.60's over here in Western Saint Tammany soon.

I filled up the other day in north Bossier City and the price was $2.67 I believe. What an awesome number to see after having filled up for an even $3.00/gallon a few weeks ago. But I won't be satisfied until it's below $2.50 again... if it ever does get back down that low.

I'll be looking forward to your post with "dropping" gas $ prices. That's sure to help with all the Summer travel plans ! I remember you saying you had alot of places you planned to be.

It looks like I'll be driving to Washington D.C and back, as well as Arkansas, Houston, and possibly Birmingham this summer. I sure hope the gas prices keep dropping! :unsure:

That's some major big-time mileage. Sounds like alot of fun ! I am going to Houston next weekend myself. We are staying in the Woodlands about 30-35 miles north of downtown. I have been to Houston many times, but never the Woodlands.

That trip to DC is going to be a nice drive. I remember seeing your blue/ red routes. One being the senic route thru the mountains; the other, the urban route thru Richmond, Charlotte, and Atlanta.

^Have fun in Houston! I'm sure you'll really like the woodlands, I know I do. It's a beautiful area up there north of downtown on I-45. Plenty to do and see too.

And I'm looking forward to the drive up to D.C. Like you said, I'll get two different views, one urban and one rural, on the way up and down.

Things are starting to get pretty tense with gas! :blink:

Man fails to pay for gas; Owner shoots

Story

I heard about that. Wasn't that in Texas somewhere? Sorry, I didn't click your source because as I've stated before, my home computer sucks!

Crazy, crazy... though I'd probably have shot his @$$ too.

I heard about that. Wasn't that in Texas somewhere? Sorry, I didn't click your source because as I've stated before, my home computer sucks!

According to the article, it happened in Livingston,Louisiana, which is the county seat of Livingston Parish in between East Baton Rouge and Tangipahoa Parish's.

According to the article, it happened in Livingston,Louisiana, which is the county seat of Livingston Parish in between East Baton Rouge and Tangipahoa Parish's.

I stand corrected! Now I remember... I was thinking... so close. I guess that's why Texas popped into my head. My first thought when I saw "Livingston" was Denham Springs, because my friend's child lives there with his mother.

• 4 weeks later...

Another drop in gas prices, and it's in the Summer too. At Racetrack it was $ 2.66. That's usually where you can find the cheapest gas.

Careful with Racetrack. Cheap fuel isn't always the best gas. And the only two stores I would even consider buying the lowest-octane fuel at would be Chevron and Texaco, and only because their fuel is treated with Techron. Most others run the risk of having excess water and being unclean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the local news in New Orleans, Triple A reported that the average price for a gallon of regular gas in New Orleans is actually $2.91. Which seems a bit more reasonable. I wonder why there are conflicting reports?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived