Gas prices in your region of Louisiana?

dimebag1980

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to fill up for 2.59/gal at the Racetrac in Slidell last night.

The prices just keep dropping, I filled up for $2.63 just a few minutes ago at a Shell here in Covington. Just a few weeks ago I was paying $2.97 at that same station. :blink:

It $2.63 at RaceTrack on O'Neal lane in eastern BR.

I hear it should be going down some more in the coming months. Someone said it would go as low as $2.35! But the days od cheap gas is over.

My boss was telling me the other day that it was expected to get back down to about $2.00/gallon... but I doubted that. I would say $2.35 is a maybe, but that would be excellent.

Do you remember a few years back McDonald's put their hamburgers on sell for $0.39? People were buying massive amounts of them and freezing them to consume later. Imagine if we could do something like that with gasoline once it gets down to its lowest point... just freeze the price and redeem the gas at a later date when we need the lower price! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Check this out, guys!! Regular unleaded has dropped BELOW $2.00/gallon at a gas station in Bossier City!! Of course I'd never buy that kind of cheap gas... nor would I stop at that particular station... but still, hopefully this will become the new trend around here. I never thought I'd see this happening again. It looks like a few more stations are flirting with that $2.00 mark... hopefully they'll drop below it soon.

And on Wednesday the most expensive gas in this region was $2.90 (can you believe that??) at a station in south Bossier City. Now the cheapest is below $2.60... only two days later.

http://www.shreveportgasprices.com/

The Times has now reported on gas prices falling below $2.00/gallon. And as of 7:44pm last evening, according to ShreveportGasPrices.com, regular unleaded at the Murphy USA (Bossier City Wal-Mart) was $1.95.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60925016

The article above mentions that gas prices haven't been this low since the end of 2005. To be honest with you, I guess I'd gotten so accustom to the higher prices, it seems like it's been even longer than that since prices have been this low.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems gas prices are slowly trying to inch back up. For a few days we had 2-4 stations with regular unleaded at $1.93, and the majority of stations in this area had gas at $1.99. Now, for the past few days no station has gone below $1.97 and the majority seem to be at $2.00 and up. The highest gas in the area also has gone from the $2.30s to the $2.40s.

Now don't get me wrong here... I'm certainly not complaining. $2.00/gallon is perfect compared to $3.00/gallon; but I follow the prices daily and happened to notice that in one week's time the prices have, undoubtedly, begun to move back up... albeit very, very slowly. I just hope this isn't the trend yet again. Get us all excited about low gas prices for a couple of weeks and then jack those prices back up to $3.00 or more per gallon.

I am/was suprised to see how dramatically gas prices have dropped recently. I guess it's always a good sign when we are concerned to see gas prices hopefully not going up to the $3.00 range; instead of the feared $4.00 everybody had been speaking of. Hopefully they can find a happy medium.

That's interesting, Brian. Gas still seems to be going down around here, as I was seeing most stations with gas around $2.15-20 per gallon, and that has now gone down about 10 cents or so, with most stations having gas at $2.05-10 per gallon. For the most part, we havent dipped into the $1's yet.

That's interesting, Brian. Gas still seems to be going down around here, as I was seeing most stations with gas around $2.15-20 per gallon, and that has now gone down about 10 cents or so, with most stations having gas at $2.05-10 per gallon. For the most part, we havent dipped into the $1's yet.

Maybe it's just a leveling-off pattern I'm seeing around here. That's what I hope for anyway. :) I'm REALLY surprised, especially with you being down there in refinery country, that your gas hasn't dipped below $2.00/gallon yet. But anyway, at least yours still appears to be going down... that's all you can really hope for!

• 1 month later...

Archived