dimebag1980

Gas prices in your region of Louisiana?

Gas climbed back up to about $2.20 around New Orleans, but it has stayed there for about a week now. I've seen an increase of maybe a cent or two in some locations in the last few days, but nothing more. Hey, $2.20 is a hell of alot better than $3.20, which is what we were heading for at breakneck speed just a few months ago.

The average price for gas in the New Orleans area is $2.17 right now, and prices are expected to continue to drop even lower, maybe even below $2.00, which would be...... :yahoo:

I'm starting to see pirices between $2.05-$2.10 around New Orleans, so prices are definately dropping. :thumbsup:

^Wow, talk about a difference between those last two posts! :blink:

Most stations around New Orleans seem to be just above the $2 mark, most around $2.01-$2.03.

^ Yea its about that amount per gallon here in North Br also. I mostly gas up at the racetrac on harding blvd.(cheapest, yet not the best quality) but who cares!

Hopefully it does not go above $2.80 this Summer :dontknow:

It wouldn't suprise me if it doesn't go above $2.80, but it also wouldn't suprise me if it does. I'm still preparing for prices around $3.00 per gallon, no matter what the predictions may say.

Well it is a bit ridiculous now. The TV Report says National avg. is at $3.15; and Louisiana's avg. is now at $3.00.

Here in BR it's been $2.93-$2.97.

Will these increased gas prices affect yall's Summer travel plans??

I've been seeing $2.97-$3.05 around here, with the lowest being 2.89.

You're right though, Richy, this is ridiculous.

Will these increased gas prices affect yall's Summer travel plans??

No, I'm going to travel regardless. I'm going to Memphis, Dallas, Houston & Miami. Miami is the capstone of my summer vacation. Regretfully I won't be able to make the Essence Music Festival.

Won't be affecting my summer travel either. It looks like I'll just be spending a week with family over in Houston and later some time with family in SW Arkansas, around Texarkana.