Charlotte Gas Prices

monsoon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed yesterday that some of the stations around the lake are now above $3.00/gal for gasoline. I paid $3.09 yesterday for some hi test. Is it like this in the rest of the area?

The closest gas station to my workpace has premium (unfortunately it is what my car requires) for $3.10. I doubt I'll be able to find it for less than $3 when I fill up next time. I did hear on NPR that the ordeal with Iran is estimated to have an impact of $10-$15/barrel on the price of oil. Without the Iran situation, according to this, we'd be looking at gas in the mid to upper $2 range.

Just an FYI. Oil hit 74 bucks a barrel and Gold is at a 25 year high. Expect 4-5 dollar gas within the next few months. :( This is NOT good for our economy as well as development. On a side note Interest Rates are rising fast. All those condo buildings better hurry up and get a shovel in the ground or we might have a lot of scrapped projects...

I just have one question:

Did anyone bring their Bell-Bottoms ?

Because this looks like the 70's all over again.

A2

For everyone's convenience, check this link...

http://www.charlottegasprices.com/index.aspx

^thanks for the link. i wish it listed the cheapest charlotte gas stations and not just all the cheaper s.c. stations. i always get gas when i down that way, but if i make special trip just to save 10 cents a gallon - it's pretty much voided by the out-of-the-way drive down there. however, i will avoid the more expensive stations in charlotte that are listed.

Just an FYI. Oil hit 74 bucks a barrel and Gold is at a 25 year high. Expect 4-5 dollar gas within the next few months. :( This is NOT good for our economy as well as development. On a side note Interest Rates are rising fast. All those condo buildings better hurry up and get a shovel in the ground or we might have a lot of scrapped projects...

I just have one question:

Did anyone bring their Bell-Bottoms ?

Because this looks like the 70's all over again.

A2

Don't know about 4-5 dollar gas, i mean gas in increasing at about a 6-8 cent/wk. By using the highest average (8 cents/wk), it would mean that by the end of August gas would only be about $4.20 in the WORST CASE SCENARIO. That's also taking into account that it would increase 8 cents a week all summer, and some stations I've seen actually stayed the same for a week before increasing. Besides that, the Hurricane season may turn out to be null this year, no one can predict that, even that idiot William Gray.

Ill always fill up in the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area before entering NC if im staying the night in south Charlotte or if i know i can make it to Virginia when i leave, fill up in Fancy Gap.

According to Gasbuddy:

Gas Taxes

VA: 17.5 (gas) / 16 (diesal)

NC: 26.6 cents

SC: 16

Ill always fill up in the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area before entering NC if im staying the night in south Charlotte or if i know i can make it to Virginia when i leave, fill up in Fancy Gap.

According to Gasbuddy:

Gas Taxes

VA: 17.5 (gas) / 16 (diesal)

NC: 26.6 cents

SC: 16

Wow, NC politicians love to rasie that gas tax. I knew it was higher, but 10 cents higher than SC is more than I thought.

I know gas prices have recently spiked, but how do they compare (inflation wise) to other consumer items? Is $3-$4 really unreasonable, ir is it just that we are not used to paying that much. I know other countries have been paying that much or more for years.

According to the current poll on CharlotteGasPrices.com - the most favored response to the high gas prices is "Conserve where possible" or "Do Nothing Differently"

The least favorite (2%) is bicycle or use public transit.

I guess it will take some REALLY high prices to truly change the average person's transportation choices.

Mark this post

Gas $3.80-$5.00 (depending on Grade selected) by July.

Sorry guys market futures are soaring. BTW, most of the problem is the fact that the refineries are having to be upfitted to produce gas w/ ethynol. This is time consuming and expensinve. We are also short of refineries. Very short !

So it is a double whammy. Supply crunch tied in with demand and higher prices of Crude. Average gas prices have risen over a dimeto fifteen cents (depending on where you pump) just this weekend. Expect MUCH higher prices by the end of next month.

Sorry. I am not trying to be negative, just post what is getting ready to hit us all.

The economy WILL be Hurt and Real Estate will also take a hit. Expect it.

A2

One of the reasons that NC has such a high gas tax is that it has the largest state-maintained roadway system in the USA. 78,000 miles is a lot of asphalt to keep up with.

That is not why NC has such a high gas tax. Many states have just as many roadway miles, even if it is not all under the control of the state. No matter which government entity controls the maintenance, it still must be funded.

NC has such a large gas tax because the state uses a significant percentage of the gas tax to fund non-transportation spending.

NC has such a large gas tax because the state uses a significant percentage of the gas tax to fund non-transportation spending.

They should ALL be jailed and throw away the key for Theft !

This state is A*#-backwards and we as a city are paying dearly for it.

A2

Mark this post

Gas $3.80-$5.00 (depending on Grade selected) by July.

Sorry guys market futures are soaring. BTW, most of the problem is the fact that the refineries are having to be upfitted to produce gas w/ ethynol. This is time consuming and expensinve. We are also short of refineries. Very short !

So it is a double whammy. Supply crunch tied in with demand and higher prices of Crude. Average gas prices have risen over a dimeto fifteen cents (depending on where you pump) just this weekend. Expect MUCH higher prices by the end of next month.

Sorry. I am not trying to be negative, just post what is getting ready to hit us all.

The economy WILL be Hurt and Real Estate will also take a hit. Expect it.

A2

Sounds like utter chaos. :yahoo: (just kidding)

What kind of non-transportation spending? Im not sure what you mean by this

To my understanding of raising the gas tax in the late 1980s was to four lane the two lane highways and to build urban loops & other urban highway related projects.

They should ALL be jailed and throw away the key for Theft ! This state is A*#-backwards and we as a city are paying dearly for it.

I lived in the country for half of my life in NC. I dont think its fair Charlotte gets all of the road money and my county gets little to nothing. Everyone deserves equal distribution of highway funding because there are tax payers and people who fill up at the pump statewide.

Archived