Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barakat

1112 Charlotte Ave.

7 posts in this topic

Found this to be interesting. That's quite a chunk of money for a small-ish piece of land outside the CBD. Wonder if the new owners have plans for the site, or if they'll just keep collecting rent from the current business(es)?

1112 Charlotte Ave., Nashville, 37203, R&M Properties/Mike Russell/Ben McKnight to Kenco LP/Sweetbriar Town Center II Inc/Sheila Kennedy Wills/J. Dione Kennedy/Angela C. Kennedy, $1,300,000

I take by the address it is close to 11th and Charlotte where the Gulch and Charlotte meet. How big is this parcel?

Very interesting development but with all that is going on in the Gulch right now, I would suspect everyone and their brother is trying to buy property close to it.

If i have the right place in mind, this area is between charlotte and the gulch, which is'nt a pretty area. something needs to go in between the gulch and the pike so that it would'nt look to shaaby around that area. IMO there is room to build a couple of Mid rises around that area.

I thought that was Giarratana's. Wasn't there a rumor that this project would include an outdoor restaurant/bar/shopping area on multiple levels going from Church to Charlotte?

I think Giarratana's is across the street, where the US Cold Storage place is... this place was recently a bar called the Jungle and there's some kind of defunct Karaoke place there now.. ... and you're right, that little stretch isn't much to look at.. from Anthony's Show Place (and bar and grill - blech) to a Korean market .. the whole area could use a face lift! Give me something nicer to look at every day!

David

Oh yeah, I know that little strip. David described it just about right, blech. It'll be interesting to see what might fit there.

I still think NES should invest in some sort of fake, but very nice, 2-3 story facade to hide all its stuff. Shouldn't cost too much, a fence to end all fences, turn-of-the-century (not this one) style. :)

Oh yeah, I know that little strip. David described it just about right, blech. It'll be interesting to see what might fit there.

I still think NES should invest in some sort of fake, but very nice, 2-3 story facade to hide all its stuff. Shouldn't cost too much, a fence to end all fences, turn-of-the-century (not this one) style. :)

Amen. NES's 'stuff' is so unattractive. Except I don't think the facade should be fake. Talk about potentially prime real estate where their humongous parking lot is. They just need to find somewhere else to put their stuff. Underground?