Movie Theaters

nj829

Yeah, the addition isn't nearly as big as I thought it would be. I think it is supposed to be for small independent movies which is great. We miss out on a lot of good flicks because there's no place to show them.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:offtopic:

I may move this over to the coffeeshop subforum where it's more fitting. But for now I thought I'd ask it here. Did anyone see the new Star Trek movie? If so did anyone else notice the scene that looked like it was filmed at E Fay Jones' Thorncrown Chapel outside of Eureka Springs? But I don't recall hearing about any filming done there. The only thing that didn't look right was the 'pedestal' in the foreground. I was wondering did I totally miss that they filmed at Thorncrown? Of course with today's technology maybe it was all greenscreen. Somebody took a little footage and then had the actors on a stage with a greenscreen and put it in. I know there are other chapels by E Fay Jones that get overlooked. I suppose possibly it's another one of his chapels that could bear a striking image to Thorncrown?

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the new Star Trek at Razorback and Terminator Salvation. I love going to the movies there. Just a great experience. Oh, all Star Trek wsa filmed around LA, the used the Budweiser Brewery (numb tongue), Sylmar water treatment plant, Long Beach City Hall, and the ice planet was Dodger Stadium. For the long shot, the second unit went to Alaska. My best friend works for Paramount.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea about how the interior is coming along. But the exterior looks completed to the addition to the Razorback Malco. I've noticed it while I'm out on the Mudd Creek Trail a bit south of it. I was thinking I'd heard it could be completed sometime later in the summer.

I have no idea about how the interior is coming along. But the exterior looks completed to the addition to the Razorback Malco. I've noticed it while I'm out on the Mudd Creek Trail a bit south of it. I was thinking I'd heard it could be completed sometime later in the summer.

I believe it might already be open. I saw a movie there a couple of weeks ago and they said that they planned on it being open within a week or so. If you look at the theater times and showings, they have all 16 screens showing movies. That didn't take long!

Archived