Movie Theaters

nj829

It really depends on what they do with the AMC (fiesta square), They will eventually have to either build a new theater in another area of town or completely remodel this one and make it stadium seating. Since Malco and AMC have made some sort of deal that they can play the same movies for now and not "split titles." Now, I don't know if this will keep happening once the new one opens but if it does then who would want to go to the non stadium AMC theater.

The new theater is going to have all digital screens. This means film will not be used anymore. These just download the movie to a computer then project it onto the screen. There will be alot less problems such as films breaking or "wrapping" in the projectors with this newer technique. Also the picture is much brighter and clearer.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the theater in Fiesta Square will be better now that it's AMC instead of Regal. But I refuse to go back there. I had too many problems of film breaking or audio problems and such. It was ridiculous, it was to the point it seemed to happen every single time I went. It would seem weird for them to remodel it again. I guess it has been a while now, but I remember when it was remodeled and expanded the last time. I still think they should have not tried to squeeze so many screens in there. But yeah I doubt I'll go anywhere else once the new Malco opens. We need to get a nickname for that theater or something.

I didn't know where else to put this, but...

Friday Night at the Movies

Come join us for Fayetteville Parks and Recreation's newest program, "Friday Night at the Movies." This family friendly event allows you to watch a hit movie under the stars in the park on a giant, two story movie screen with professional grade sound system.

Movies begin at dark, approximately 8:30pm. These events are free. Bring your blanket or a lawn chair and join us for what will prove to be a lot of fun.

If you would like a colored poster promoting the Friday Night at the Movies program, please email: [email protected]

May 4 - Madagascar

May 18 - Holes

Location: Dale Clark Park at Donald W. Reynold Boys and Girls Club

June 1 - Monster House

June 15 - Kicking and Screaming

June 29 - Shark Tale - "Dive in Movie"

July 13 - Pink Panther

July 27 - Big Fish - "Dive In Movie"

I wish I had found this sooner, my son loves Madagascar!

SOURCE: http://www.accessfayetteville.org/governme...vies/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
Nice poster. I really like the plush rocking seats and stadium seating so I'll be making the trip to Fayetteville to see my movies. It's too bad the Pinnacle Promenade Malco doesn't play any good movies, because I still haven't been there yet. Let's hope the new Fayetteville Malco gets those great movies.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I overlooked this. I didn't realize they were going to keep using the Razorback name. I had heard the theater was supposed to be ready by late July. I had wondered about that but for a while they seemed to really be progressing well. But just looking at it now I have a hard time believing it will still be ready later this month.

Looks like I overlooked this. I didn't realize they were going to keep using the Razorback name. I had heard the theater was supposed to be ready by late July. I had wondered about that but for a while they seemed to really be progressing well. But just looking at it now I have a hard time believing it will still be ready later this month.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Pea Ridge today, and just glanced at a sign as I was passing it. It said something about a theater, and had an arrow pointing toward downtown. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a movie theater, or a live stage? Just curious.

I was in Pea Ridge today, and just glanced at a sign as I was passing it. It said something about a theater, and had an arrow pointing toward downtown. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a movie theater, or a live stage? Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

The employees at the Razorback 6 are sticking to the Sept 21st date for the new theater to open. Just drivng by it seems like a lot of work still to do in month's time. By the way, The Bourne Ultimatum is great- as good or better than the first two. I like those movies where you get completely engrossed in them to the end.

The employees at the Razorback 6 are sticking to the Sept 21st date for the new theater to open. Just drivng by it seems like a lot of work still to do in month's time. By the way, The Bourne Ultimatum is great- as good or better than the first two. I like those movies where you get completely engrossed in them to the end.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a good bit of information in the Times today on the new Razorback Theater in Fayetteville. This is going to be one of the most advanced theaters in the region and the top of the line for Malco. The only theater that compares is the Paradiso, which is a couple of years old, in Memphis.

The new Razorback will feature state of the art sound, I am hoping that will include it being THX certified. Also wall to wall curved screens with DLP and Dolby Digital Cenima Projection systems. This means that there will not be any more film basically. So you get a clearer, brighter, crisper picture with no scratches or the other problems associated with film. Such as "brain wraps," breaking of splices, or projectionists that put the film together wrong in any number of ways. This also allows the theater to be able to show live shows and concerts from anywhere in the world and feature 3-D movies when available.

The concession will also be expanded and serve much more than just popcorn and candy. I did hear somewhere last year that it would be serving beer or wine but that must not have worked out. I have only heard that once and it is not mentioned anywhere else or at least not in this article.

Here is the full article from the Times: The New Razorback 12

Archived