Will Columbia replace Charleston as the urban capital of SC?

Spartan

I wonder what the city's role in this is? I mean, this stuff will ahve to happen wiht private contractors, so they will ahve to conform to the city's code. Surely they have some say in what is happening.

From what I learned at the presentation the city is asked to develop the proper zoning to accommodate the master plan and to pay for the needed infrastructure. The state is also asked to help pay for the infrastructure. USC, property owners, developers, and oh yes the Guignard family (as developers) are expected to do the rest.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was up there as of this morning, but it was taken down this afternoon for the Jane Jacobs thing. I expect that Columbia will return after a few days. The plan is to rotate city pages on the front page to give equal exposure to all cities, so its important that whatever we have there look good and sound great.

Archived