IN PROGRESS: Parkis Avenue / North Elmwood Revitalization

Jeeze. where's all this ZBR conscience about variances when projects like Belmont Castello come up? They needed something like 27 variances and then they came back for more! it is disgraceful that such a small project is suddenly under so much scrutiny, when HUGE FRIGGIN projects that really should be held to higher (or at least SOME) standards breeze right through.

i wonder why that is....

:thumbsup:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeeze. where's all this ZBR conscience about variances when projects like Belmont Castello come up? They needed something like 27 variances and then they came back for more! it is disgraceful that such a small project is suddenly under so much scrutiny, when HUGE FRIGGIN projects that really should be held to higher (or at least SOME) standards breeze right through.

i wonder why that is....

:thumbsup:

I won't speak to the historic conscience of the ZBR...but note that the composition of the ZBR has been changing since Belmonte was initially approved two+ years ago. All of Belmonte's variances were denied in round two. The proposed density of Belmonte Part 2 was nearly identical to the proposed density of of this project - about 500 ft/2 of land area per unit. Perhaps ZBR standards are changing with the newer appointments? Parkis Ave has needed a number of variances before last night and they all have been approved. The decision to deny last night was 3-2. It wasn't unanimous.

Archived