College Station

Wallace Theaters To Open Hollywood Stadium 14 Cinemas

Portland, Oregon, August 26, 2005 - Mr. Tim Reed, S.V.P. Real Estate Development for Wallace Theater Holdings, Inc. announced today plans to open a 14-screen, state-of-the art all stadium-seated megaplex cinema in Springfield, MO. The theater will be located within the new development at College Station at the corner of Campbell and College in downtown Springfield. College Station will also house 200,000 sqf. of retail, restaurants and office space.

The 54,000-square-foot complex, targeted for a fall 2006 opening, will feature "stadium-style" seating, guaranteeing an unobstructed view of the wall-to-wall screens plus extra legroom. Each auditorium will be outfitted with luxurious high-back rocker chair seats with padded cup holder armrests that lift so couples can "cozy-up" during the movie during the movie. Additionally, patrons can expect the latest in acoustic design advances and digital surrounded sound technologies, automated and online ticketing; large efficient concession stands featuring the finest quality movie favorites and daily bargain matinees.

There will also be a 450 space car park with the first level having over 100,000 sgf. of retail, restuarants and office space. The car park will have a skywalk so you can get to the complex without stepping foot outside.

Rendering

20050227-Highlightsofdow_4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds exciting. The proposed carpark just shows that Springfield developments are much smarter than those in nearby cities. Can't wait.

I reallly like how they used the bottom floor of the carpark for retail, restaurants, office..... I think it a great use of space. This whole dev. will be done by the fall this year.

I reallly like how they used the bottom floor of the carpark for retail, restaurants, office..... I think it a great use of space. This whole dev. will be done by the fall this year.

Very cool and definitely worth a visit when I go there. I wish NWA would build a movie theatre complex like this one, but I doubt it would ever happen.

Yes, MasonsDad, I wish NWA had a major Multiscreen Theatre in one of it's Downtowns. It certainly adds to Downtown Nightlife and the ever spending dollar. This should help Springfield's Downtown become more attractive at night.

I don't think Downtown Springfield needs any help in the nightlife department but yes it will definately add that extra spunk.

^

What does Downtown Springfield have to offer?

I'm only aware of Hammons Stadium.

Well besides all of the large annual festivals and Hammons Field there is plenty to do. There is all the 40 bars and music venues that go non-stop with wether it be local bands or national acts, 50 restuarants and eateries, Hammons Hall has weekly performances from Comedians to Broadway Shows (when their on the road) such as Jerry Seinfield, Lynard Skynard, The Producers, "Blast", Stomp, Rascall Flatts........Then there's the First Friday Artwalk that draws 15,000 people on the first friday of every month to all the art studios in downtown, Moxie Theater shows World and National Independent films, the Springfield Little Theater has shows year round that are put on by the local talents from Springfield and most notibly students from the MSU Theater program, which is what MSU is known for, Then there is the 3 times weekly Skinny Improv where there are comedians that do Impovisational acts, The Shrine Mosque hosts naitonal acts twice a month like, Stained, Faith Hill, Good Charlett...... I'm sure I haven't named everything but there is plenty to do on any given night.

Well besides all of the large annual festivals and Hammons Field there is plenty to do. There is all the 40 bars and music venues that go non-stop with wether it be local bands or national acts, 50 restuarants and eateries, Hammons Hall has weekly performances from Comedians to Broadway Shows (when their on the road) such as Jerry Seinfield, Lynard Skynard, The Producers, "Blast", Stomp, Rascall Flatts........Then there's the First Friday Artwalk that draws 15,000 people on the first friday of every month to all the art studios in downtown, Moxie Theater shows World and National Independent films, the Springfield Little Theater has shows year round that are put on by the local talents from Springfield and most notibly students from the MSU Theater program, which is what MSU is known for, Then there is the 3 times weekly Skinny Improv where there are comedians that do Impovisational acts, The Shrine Mosque hosts naitonal acts twice a month like, Stained, Faith Hill, Good Charlett...... I'm sure I haven't named everything but there is plenty to do on any given night.

That's a lot but I know for a fact that doesn't nearly cover all the attractions in Downtown Springfield. A couple that you didn't mention is Founders Park with it's drive-in styled movies every weekend and the Discovery Center of Springfield, which is a great family attraction. Just so much to do downtown and even so much more coming soon.

That's a lot but I know for a fact that doesn't nearly cover all the attractions in Downtown Springfield. A couple that you didn't mention is Founders Park with it's drive-in styled movies every weekend and the Discovery Center of Springfield, which is a great family attraction. Just so much to do downtown and even so much more coming soon.

Thanks for adding that. I really cant wait for this to get done mainly because I have never been to anything like it. This means that I can eat at a great restaurant, shop around and see a movie without ever leaving the same building. :D

I also forgot the Jordan Valley Ice Park which is two ice rinks. Then theres the big fountains at Jordan Valley Park which alot of families and sometimes intoxicated bar hoppers play in at night.

I've been to the Discovery Center, it's a great facility. I really enjoy the aquarium there.

• 3 months later...

It looks like College Station will not open until next summer for a number of reasons. The city is actually building the 500 space car park adjacent to CS but when they got the first set of bids back it was a million off so they have to do some revamping. Then Hollywood Cinema is desiging a new look in the midt's of the construction and doesn't want to build any new theaters until the new design theme is complete. Now I have to wait until next year to enjoy a dinner, movie and shopping all in one place. :(

• 4 months later...

College Station Celebrates Groundbreaking

Thursday, December 28 2006

The City of Springfield hosted a groundbreaking ceremony on Thursday, Dec. 28, for the College Station Car Park and urban entertainment complex, one of the largest public-private redevelopment projects in Downtown Springfield

• 2 weeks later...

While I was driving by, I took some of pictures from that College Station... Here is it!

Those four pictures show that where will be parking deck and retails

DSCN1247.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

This one last picture that where will be theatres and restaurants and retails

DSCN1253.jpg

I really can't wait for that!!! :yahoo: Of course, Im sure that is only a beginning... I foretell that downtown will be amazing and awe. :silly:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Updates from College Station!

Here Photos that I took:

This two photos is where will be Retails first floor, second and third floor will be parking deck.

I don't know what they are building something on middle of ground, but pretty interesting.

college2.jpg

college1.jpg

The last one photo is where will be Theatres, Retails, Restaurants.

They took all old concretes off

theatre1.jpg

HURRY UP before I go insane!

Car Park Ground Breaking:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...KING01/70415006

The $5,889,131 project, scheduled for completion in March 2008, is being funded by the city’s level property tax, the 1/8-cent sales tax for transportation and municipal bonds. Designed by Esterly, Schneider & Associates, Inc., of Springfield, it is being built by Carson-Mitchell Inc., also of Springfield.

The 143,000-square-foot car park will provide 375 parking spaces for patrons of Heer’s and College Station.

GOSH! You're right! They're already starting! I just drove by it, peeps pushed 2 lanes into one lane on Campbell by it! They put huge machines by it something I don't know. My best guess is they are making a crane for lifting. WOW. I love this exciting feel! :w00t:

Alrighty! Are you ready to be exicted?!

Updates College Station Construction

Retails & Car Park

col3.jpg

Mmm... what the? There's a man taking pictures from College Station. Seemingly, I'm not only one person that takes pics from College Station, ha ha.

col4.jpg

col7.jpg

col2.jpg

col5.jpg

col6.jpg

Theatres, Retails, Foods

Finally they got rid of old thick concrete, I bet it took them awhile do that.

col1.jpg

Archived