College Station

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove by the garage last night and man does it look great! However I was disgusted with how small the sidewalks were that boardered McDaniel street. They were literally 4 feet wide! What is wrong with the city? It's bad enough that most sidewalks downtown are small as heck, so you would think that the new projects that are being built there would leave at least 7 feet for a sidewalk.

I drove by the garage last night and man does it look great! However I was disgusted with how small the sidewalks were that boardered McDaniel street. They were literally 4 feet wide! What is wrong with the city? It's bad enough that most sidewalks downtown are small as heck, so you would think that the new projects that are being built there would leave at least 7 feet for a sidewalk.

Those are the old sidewalks. Sidewalk improvements like those being done elsewhere in downtown will be done in the area surrounding College Station. I understand that those improvements will not begin until a majority of the outside work is completed on the garage and theater structures.

Those are the old sidewalks. Sidewalk improvements like those being done elsewhere in downtown will be done in the area surrounding College Station. I understand that those improvements will not begin until a majority of the outside work is completed on the garage and theater structures.

I understand but there is still hardly any room between the garage and the street there, maybe 6 feet at best. They can't take out any of that street either because its narrow enough.

BTW...Welcome to the forum. I take it you are studying Civil Engineering at UMR?

• 2 weeks later...

This is very exciting! Thanks for the photos pyaxi! You would think they will be done in three months or so they way things are going. I bet that they will start the finishing touches in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
No not yet. If I'm correct they wont start until the garage is halfway or almost finished. However, I have a feeling they wont be done in time for their spring 08' opening. I would say we will see the theater completed in the summer next year.

The developer for College Station has choosen a Contractor for the 14 screen theater complex. Dewitt & Associates will break ground immeadiatley with a ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday at 2 p.m. The summer is schedualed to open for business next summer.

You can find more on this project at www.sbj.net!

Well I was starting to get worried about when they would start this thing, thankfully I don't have to worry anymore! Can't wait.

Now all we need is an answer on who will get the bid for the arena site. LOL yeah right!

The developer for College Station has choosen a Contractor for the 14 screen theater complex. Dewitt & Associates will break ground immeadiatley with a ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday at 2 p.m. The summer is schedualed to open for business next summer.

You can find more on this project at www.sbj.net!

Well I was starting to get worried about when they would start this thing, thankfully I don't have to worry anymore! Can't wait.

Now all we need is an answer on who will get the bid for the arena site. LOL yeah right!

Archived